Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Newbie Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

adonivideo

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
OK

So you're new to 'domains', welcome I did my first reg's in 1996 for business use and to do my first 'portal'.

There's one major school of logic you see all over this forum, it worked years ago IMO, but if you listen to that logic, you won't make money unless you have nice money to invest now.

That logic is keywords.com with type-ins are the only words owning, buying, selling, trading.

If this was 1994, yeah great idea, and that idea was ok, until even all the good GEO prefixes and combos went. So unless you have money to invest in some traffic GEOShighvaluecpckeyword.com type ins is not for a newbie.

My own philosophy is give business owners what they need to be a player on the net, that means reg in GEOS for the top highvaluecpc terms in your market, if you're in a big market, many are gone, so get .net then work your way down until you exhausted around 7 tld's you can pop page one on google for my turf USA.

It's pretty much 7 in any area, the 7th tld is a country code for you market and the other 6 are know GLOBAL seo points getters with GOOG

Also, for a business owner in your market a hyphen .com and even a .net can make you money

Now there's one trick to my 'plan' for newbies

You need to either find a minor software designer in your area who knows a little SEO

Or you learn it

Once you start to put out GEO keyword domains on page 1 of google that owners in your area pay google right now 3 to 40 bucks a click, you can lease the domains to owners in your market.

Properly developed exact keywords with real content is what google looks for first

You give google what they want you get page 1

Now they guys shouting type -ins and frank schilling around here fail to realize, franks development with java script ad sites is not IGNORED by GOOG, so no page one for frank, he's killing his clients assets they let him manage

Kinda of like the blind leading the blind

You get what you can use to put on page 1 for keywords in your market and learn to sell and develop to local owners

You be the king of SEO and domains in no time in your neck of the woods

Now that's my advice for a newbie

If you got bucks to invest, hookup with a major investment team

If you got a minor budget invest in domain reg's and don't buy anything

You can get page 1 quality domains all day long in most markets for reg fees

Yeah once you have MONEY, the stuff being sold here IS CHEAP

Then you buy

I buy all the time here, great place to buy, but newbies, learn the trade registering and developing, see how google treats your work

Then make money and come back here and BUY BUY BUY

Welcome all new domainers

Be careful who you listen to

Reaction score
[edited]
The above guy is an idiot. Ignore him and learn from the people who have *really* made money.
They are all members of this forum.
[/edited]

Last edited:

adonivideo

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
name calling gets you deleted

adonivideo

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I unignore to see the harassment then send it to the mods

you're about to hit the penalty box

after 7 years you should know your actions are harassment

now get lost before you get a lifetime ban

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's so hard to read your posts because they are so long. :( I give up after the first few sentences. And I think the thread ate your ending sentences punctuation marks.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Which domain did you register in 1996? It should be second only to Yahoo by now. Please do share.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now they guys shouting type -ins and frank schilling around here fail to realize, franks development with java script ad sites is not IGNORED by GOOG, so no page one for frank, he's killing his clients assets they let him manage

WTF are you talking about?

Kinda of like the blind leading the blind

Oh. Nevermind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom