Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Newbie need some help (questions inside:))

Status
Not open for further replies.

KalleMalle

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am a absolutly Newbie in this area, and I hope you can help me out...

I saw the hole domain parking thing by a friend of mine...

so know i have some question...

1) why does they pay some times just 0.04usd and some times they pay 1.75usd(for this example he justed voodoo) it was the same website and it was kind like the same visitors and clicks, which it depends?

2) how can I promot my website to have as many as possible clicks and visitors? what legal ticks do I have to know?

3) is the name important or is the promotion? like I have a website called "nonsense-no-sense us" but I have many visitors and many clicks or better have a "good" named website and lesser visitors/clicks?

so this are my first questions, I hope you can help me out with my question
smile.gif

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Parking is just not as lucrative as it used to be. Look for natural traffic if you want an income from parking. Artificial traffic will just get you a penalty. If you want to get filthy rich: work hard, read a lot and either try to flip a few domains, or develop your best names, or both.

KalleMalle

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks alot for your answere my friend!

but honestly it didnt really answere one of my question:)

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks alot for your answere my friend!

but honestly it didnt really answere one of my question:)

Maybe the part about artificial traffic is. You cannot promote parked domains. It is not allowed. If you do, in the end you will earn nothing.

KalleMalle

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok, so how can I get some visitors and clicks?
and the most important question for me is this:

1) why does they(for this example it was voodoo) pay some times just 0.04usd and some times they pay 1.75usd!? it was the same website and it was kind like the same visitors and clicks, which it depends?

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok, so how can I get some visitors and clicks?
and the most important question for me is this:

1) why does they(for this example it was voodoo) pay some times just 0.04usd and some times they pay 1.75usd!? it was the same website and it was kind like the same visitors and clicks, which it depends?

Clickprices vary. Not every advertiser pays the same. Position on the page also influences the price of a click.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1) why does they pay some times just 0.04usd and some times they pay 1.75usd(for this example he justed voodoo) it was the same website and it was kind like the same visitors and clicks, which it depends?
As someone mentioned, it all depends on the advertisers, what they bid, which ad was clicked, etc. Clicks can vary greatly.

2) how can I promot my website to have as many as possible clicks and visitors? what legal ticks do I have to know?
YOU CAN'T. It is against the terms of service to promote parked pages at any parking company. You will lose your account if you do this or pay for traffic, etc. If the name doesn't have natural traffic, then you won't make any parking revenue.

3) is the name important or is the promotion? like I have a website called "nonsense-no-sense us" but I have many visitors and many clicks or better have a "good" named website and lesser visitors/clicks?
Nicer, clearer names are better for potential sales and more likely to get type in visitors. Traffic names don't have to be pretty, but those types of names are usually old websites that lose traffic over time. Short generics are the most stable traffic names if you can find them. Again - you cannot promote parked domains and will end up losing all the money in your account. Same thing for clicking ads on your own pages.

If you think you are just going to hand register some names, send them some traffic, and make a bunch of money parking, you are sadly misguided. Read this forum closely and you can learn a lot about how to have a chance at success in domaining. Good luck.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
click revenue varies according to rank of the ad, country of origin of the visitor and the keyword the ad he clicked on was based on

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom