Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Newbie Needs Advice re: 1and1.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLB

Ladies Love Big Domainers
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have about 100 names with 1and1.

I'd like to transfer the majority of them to a more, uh, respectable registrar such as easydns or godaddy or register.com.

Would it be cheaper to just keep them at 1and1 (I am selling some and developing others...the usual) or try to transfer them out?

I've heard some transfer fee horror stories but have no direct experience so far.

Thanks for your help.

ThisDot

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd recommend transfering them out as soon as possible, in case you do have any trouble you'll have the time to sort it out. If you wait to the last minute and have problems, you'll get stuck. Godaddy has been very good with transfers for me. If you are interested I also have a GoDaddy reseller that offers slightly lower prices that GD with the same service. Send me a PM if you're interested. I haven't used easydns or register.com for transfers.

yesbrilliant

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I've heard some transfer fee horror stories but have no direct experience so far.

You heard right! Stay away from 1and1.com !!!

1and1.com:
- Extremely rude support, specially billing.
- Email technical support almost non-existent.
- Phone technical support that do not understand technical issues.
- Locks your account with NO previous notice to the customer in several occasions.
- Highly difficult, bureaucratic and time-consuming to transfer domains out of there.
- Hidden charges on your credit card, you have to watch every detail.
- Pre-sale promises by phone that do not materialize after payment.
- Buggy, sluggshy interface.

This list goes on and on and on...

Just Google 1and1.com and hate or 1and1.com and scam... visit more in this forum and other forums like NamePros.com that is more targeted to newbies and you will see how many results you will get. Thousands!!!

It is not your fault that you started there, they spend heavily on print advertising in computer and business magazines, posing as professional, simple to use and affordable. However, they are not.

As you are already planning to transfer your domains, do it asap, preferably to a registrar that let you keep the time you still have with your domains at 1and1.com

And never, never wait until the last months to transfer your domains out of there...

Stay away from 1and1.com !!!
-
-
-
-
-
-​

AnnaS

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1and1.com
- service arrogant
-customer service is just foolish
-failed to do a transfer and wanted me to wait a week or more because they could not get their system fixed
-I should do a manual transfer because it is quicker then them fixing their system

Thats when I redid the transfer with godaddy and was done in a few hours

The horrible experience with them is causing me to yank my dedicated server hosting with them. As bad as they are now, I dont want to give them any business going forward

GenericTypo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Send a PM to monte or at moniker, he's a member here, they will give you a bulk tranfer pricing deal and will help you with it as well.

Godaddy isn't all that much better, most seasoned domainers use Enom or Moniker for service and push abilities

No I'm not connected with them

Hope this helps

AnnaS

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Send a PM to monte or at moniker, he's a member here, they will give you a bulk tranfer pricing deal and will help you with it as well.

Godaddy isn't all that much better, most seasoned domainers use Enom or Moniker for service and push abilities

No I'm not connected with them

Hope this helps

What are the plush extras from Enom or Moniker that make it worth moving my domains from GoDaddy? If there is something better, it is worth going with a better company. But what are those to make it worth moving?

GenericTypo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Customer Service, lower reg costs, Domain Tasting (Moniker), Bulk push, Bulk transfer, Bulk DNS

Monikers owner is a member here so you can talk to the boss if a problem arises

Marketplacepro - Moniker
Club Drop - Enom

Its still personal choice on who you use to reg

Hope this helps

CLB

Ladies Love Big Domainers
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice.

If I go with Moniker, which I am considering, will they help me fight for my domain transfers?

I ask because I have been warned that 1and1 will do everything in its power to block or delay transfers.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom