Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Newbie Quesions (Link Pop #'s, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsnow

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

i am a total NEWBIE at this.

I am just jumping into trying to get some soon to be deleted domains and im using some software from mozzle.com.

Im wondering what the link popularity #'s mean as far as when it is a good idea to buy a name. What is the minimum # i should look for that would be worth my time as far as getting some traffic from it?

Also where is the best place to find names in big lists? So far ive just been going to namewinner and copy and pasting but its kind of pain.

Thanks guys :)

Dave

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
linkpop can be very tricky , it really is not how many that counts , it is where the liks are located . , you could find a domain showing 20,000 backlibks but they could be linkfarm links , which are worthless links buried in a sea of link pages. Always go and look to see where the links are located , the best is when you find links that were what we call "natural" , that is when someone linked to the site because they thought it added content to their own site, and obviously front page links are great as well. I caoght a drop once with 84,000 backlinks showing , never got a single hit., lesson learned.

dsnow

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info :)

okay so what your saying is the # really doesnt matter... so a site with only 112 link pop might be awesome eventhough its a low #.. if those 112 links are from good places.

so just investigate?

thanks!

any advice for the best place to obtain a list of domains that are going to expire in the future?

NameWinner has 30 days worth but is it possible to go even farther into the future to find names that are set to expire?

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dsnow said:
thanks for the info :)

okay so what your saying is the # really doesnt matter... so a site with only 112 link pop might be awesome eventhough its a low #.. if those 112 links are from good places.

so just investigate?

thanks!

correct .

and deleteddomains.com is good , but cost you.

dsnow

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
cool thanks, just joined deleted domains. is there anything out there that can give you a list of names 30 or 60 or even 90 days into the future that are set to expire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom