Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Newbie Question re Selling Domain Names

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissKelley2U

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm a newbie, so please be kind. If I see a local company (for example: Sunshine Catering) that does not have a website, can I register a domain name (i.e. sunshinecatering.com) and then offer to sell it to them so that they can establish their presence on the Internet?

Thank you in advance for your response.

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sure you can.. but it isn't legal (you would have become a cybersquatter) and you open yourself to legal liability.

Since you are new, you may want to use the search portion of the legal section and type"trademark" or "TM". Then spend about 3-4 days reading all the related threads to TMs (there are a ton). You can save yourself alot of worries and trouble. Just about every senario has been discussed, both pros and cons. This will help you a long long way.

sure.. if you want to become a cyber squatter and open yourself to legal liablities including real an punitive damages, plus loss of all monies earn, plus a fine of up to $100,000.00.

Since you are new, do yourself a favor and use the seearch box and type in "trademark" and tehn "tm" and spend a week reading all the threads (and there are a ton). Almost all senarios have been covered. This will save you time and money and headaches down the road.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If a company doesn't have a domain name by now, it's very likely they don't understand domain names / webhosting ...

A better way is to approach companies you think don't have a good domain and offer them help getting one ... and/or help them get better webhosting, etc.

Ron

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MissKelley2U said:
I'm a newbie, so please be kind. If I see a local company (for example: Sunshine Catering) that does not have a website, can I register a domain name (i.e. sunshinecatering.com) and then offer to sell it to them so that they can establish their presence on the Internet?

Thank you in advance for your response.

yea its a well known practice in domain industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom