Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Newbie question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr angel

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Greetings to all on the boards today! I have a few ? for those in the know. I am a physician (cosmetic surgeon) based in California and recently with new locations in Phoenix, AZ. I have owned over the years a few domain names relevant to the type of business I am in...Recently I parked a few at NameDrive, following the advice and good reviews that I read on these boards. My traffic for these domains comes mostly from my prescriprions note pads - which obviously reflect my domain name, from radio and media ads in the new market - Phoenix and some web adv.. I cannot deliver ridiculuos amounts of traffic, but the ones that do land on my pages are genuinely interested in the info provided - be it vitamins, drugs or medical procedures/insurance. My question is directed more to the technical aspect of the landing page; When a client/patient lands on it and does a search or finds a link that is interesting the new page apparently opens in the same page as the landing page. What are the steps necessary for them to go back to the original landing page? use the BACK button or refresh? Some of my patients were trying to do a search on some antiaging products, the new page opened but they could not get back to the original search...Any input would be greatly appreciated. Also I have noticed that some moderators are affiliated directly with NameDrive...So I have search related question for them: Would you say that NameDrive is an O.k parking spot for customers in need of medical products/drugs/medical services? I know different companies use different search affiliates...I am curious if NameDrive delivers on searches related to medical practice. Again, any input would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to apologize for my "beginner-like" questions - this is NOT my field of expertise.
Thank You.

dnelson197

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Ummm, they should be able to just use the back button. I tested on one of my domains and it worked fine. :)

I'm not a moderator, but NameDrive is honest from my experience. I have mostly European traffic and NameDrive works the best for me. I trust them and I recommend ND strongly.

Hope that helps.

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Right. I really agree with this answer. :couch2:

dnelson197 said:
Hi,

I'm not a moderator, but NameDrive is honest from my experience. I have mostly European traffic and NameDrive works the best for me. I trust them and I recommend ND strongly.

Hope that helps.

dr angel

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your answers...I am still waiting for some input from the main Guru...

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well Doc, I think you are in violation of the Terms of Service at Namedrive , or any parking company for that matter, you can't advertise parked domains , all traffic must be natural type-ins or search engine listed results. As to your search results question, namedrive uses a google feed , so whatever keywords you are using in your settings will trigger related ads that are bid on google , same thing if they do a search from your page., the keywords they search on will bring up those bidded terms related to those keywords.

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thank you for good information.:wubpink:

DNjet said:
Well Doc, I think you are in violation of the Terms of Service at Namedrive , or any parking company for that matter, you can't advertise parked domains , all traffic must be natural type-ins or search engine listed results. As to your search results question, namedrive uses a google feed , so whatever keywords you are using in your settings will trigger related ads that are bid on google , same thing if they do a search from your page., the keywords they search on will bring up those bidded terms related to those keywords.

dr angel

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you again..I'll have to remove any website info. Thanks for the info!

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are a cosmetic surgeon and you are sending your patients to a parked page, which has been presented to them as your personal website?

That's probably not the shrewdest business plan I've ever heard of.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you're a real doctor you really should rethink this idea. I will assume you're not thinking of it this way, but you're selling out your patients for what, a few hundred bucks a month of advertising clicks?
You have no control over the advertisers that show up on that page, but your patients assume you are recommending all of them. You may want to really rethink the ethical issues here.

W

weblord

you have a good source of prospects that is buying prospects ready to buy online for their ailments, what if you stop giving traffic to a domain parking service and start creating a real site with ecommerce in which one can readily checkout a tangible product also coming from your wholesale suppllier? is that a good idea? i think you will earn here more plus helping your clients at the same time.

YOYOYO

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNjet

Hello

I would have to question the idea that you are not allowed to advertise a parked page through non internet related media, such as television, radio and print advertising.

I have thought of doing this myself and can see no reason why it would not be allowed.

Just going over the terms of service for one ppc company, Namedrive.com, I find nothing that would prevent this from being done.

From their terms of service:

Traffic:
Traffic on domains parked with NameDrive can originate from two sources only: type in (direct navigation) traffic and existing search engine results /expired traffic. All other types of traffic including bought traffic, traffic driven by PPC campaigns, traffic directed from hyperlinks are not permitted. If your traffic originates from any sources other than type-in and search engine traffic, it must first be cleared with NameDrive LLC.

The restricted traffic relates to click throughs generated through different forms of internet related sources.

Someone who comes to a parked page through television, radio or printed media who do so through, type in (direct navigation) traffic.

isstern35

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok im very confused. i own a couple of domains at namedrive and today my account was suspended... i have no idea why. can someone tell me a few cases why namedrive suspends accounts.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
isstern35 said:
ok im very confused. i own a couple of domains at namedrive and today my account was suspended... i have no idea why. can someone tell me a few cases why namedrive suspends accounts.
from your other post: ptr programs are not allowed for parked traffic...

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think we need to get a few things straight here. If a parked page is advertised and more so by a doctor as is the case in point, there are high chances that such an account will be suspended for click fraud. However, many clients the doctor in question has, chances are that the same people will end up clicking from the same computers using same IP address during their search for the prescribed medication as shown on the ads. Dr Angel indeed if you're a doc why don't you develop your names into a site to advertise your services and goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom