Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale Nice .ca sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice indeed. I would assume someone has a plan for development.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Was that your sale?

Last week I sold coupon code for $3k and two others for just under $1k. :eek:k:

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah UFC just opened in canada in may. They were quite insistent about getting the domain. Fortunately although they had a TM
the fight would have been not easy and not a sure thing so we settled for the 5k. Neither party wanted a battle.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah UFC just opened in canada in may. They were quite insistent about getting the domain. Fortunately although they had a TM
the fight would have been not easy and not a sure thing so we settled for the 5k. Neither party wanted a battle.

Hey, it was really the only end user out there and they came, huge congrats.

westcoaster

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the sale. I so like to see good sales. I got offered $100 for titter from being parked at Whypark.... countered and waiting for a response. Not holding my breath. but you never know

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey G, Very nice sale and thanks for sharing. Anyone that has a sale might consider submitting it to Ron Jackson. It is where I will send End Users to often see what is happening
in the Market when they are looking for comparables.

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice sale, congrats.
Although, I would have asked for a % of all Pay-Per-View revenue in addition to the 5k :)

Also, if you don't mind, can you give us a cliff's notes version of how it went down? How long did it take from start to finish, who contacted you, etc...

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
congrats on the sales!

not many other .ca sales reported recently that I'm aware of, the last I saw in dnjournal was spigot.ca

but seems sales are still happening in private.

'coupon code' would be a nice one to develop...

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear there is still life in the .ca aftermarket :)

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice sale, congrats.
Although, I would have asked for a % of all Pay-Per-View revenue in addition to the 5k :)

Also, if you don't mind, can you give us a cliff's notes version of how it went down? How long did it take from start to finish, who contacted you, etc...

Ah let's see.

Phone call from lawyer offering to save me money. HAHA
Email from him before the phone stopped ringing. (Big clue they really want it)
I wrote him back and asked him exactly what he wanted.
He generously offered me the opportunity to transfer the name to them at no charge because they had a TM.
I pointed out the lack of a canadian TM. He then sent me a paper on a supplimentary Canadian TM that covered other classes of goods. Not the fighting itself.
I pointed that out and asked them to make sure in the future they supervised their affiliates so there weren't any inadvertent TM violations from their advertising on our domain. I also pointed out in Canadian actions the possiblility of a 5k penalty should they lose and get hung for domain jacking. Which we would of course ask for.
3 days of silence then an email with the 5k offer.
Short of getting into a huge battle over things it seemed a fair offer all around so we accepted. I couldn't have used it otherwise except for a divorce site or something.:smilewinkgrin:

I reported it to DNJournal. We always do. I'd like to see the aftermarket rise.

westcoaster

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow. That's awesome. Good for you for not being bullied and more importantly knowing your stuff.

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That registrant's biggest mistake was putting UFC related content on the name. He raises an excellent point that ufc.net and ufc.org were not targeted.

In this case, it would have been advisable to transfer ownership of ufc.ca to a separate corporation. Obviously, UFC will want it, given their expansion into Canada. His ownership of other typo domains worked against him, and that could be proven since all the names were owned under the same entity.

A simple page expressing no interest to sell would have gone a long way, IMO. There's only one big-name end user, and if they're forced into buying it, they've got deep enough pockets to afford any ransom the owner can name.

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not sure how it would be considered wrong, put yourself in the ufc's shoes, he not only owns the domain, but is using it to profit off your business, by commission from ticket sales to your events. I saw this coming from the day it went through backorder he bought it for $500ish if I remember correctly.

With his use of the domain it definitely meets the three criteria not sure he could have defended it at all with a response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom