Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Niche to Brand: The Transition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I launched my first niche website on April 1st 2012. I watched the traffic grow, ranks increase and a brand develop. About two weeks ago I had a key term get sandboxed which substantially decreased my traffic (about 50% of organic disappeared). Unfortunately, I've seen significant SERP shifts even after minor (daily) updates - it seems to be common in this niche.

Why I've decided to brand?

• Direct Traffic: 33.45%
  • Referral Traffic: 11.9%
  • Branded Search Queries: About 10% (of organic traffic)

As my brand gains traction I've had to worry less about the Google's random fluctuations. I've also noticed that I recover much quicker than I would without the alternate streams of steady traffic. Additionally, I've seen an increase in Adsense revenue as my referral traffic increased. I noticed an unexpected correlation between referral sources and Adsense CTR. In my particular situation, Yahoo News seems to be the most profitable source of traffic. While making up only 4% of my total traffic, Yahoo News, is responsible for 33% of my revenue.

Have you realized any benefits from changing your strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom