Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

No bumping hack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It'd be great to install that old vBulletin hack that does not allow threads to be bumped, if the OP makes consecutive posts (as opposed to receiving posts in the thread) regardless of how much time lapsed between posts (currently 24 hours vs. automerged). I'm referring to the sales forum of course.

Upvote 0

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not an entirely bad idea, thanks Acro.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i agree with that idea.

the last resort should be:

threads do not go back to top of que, if if someone else posts in it.

there are some who are bumping their threads every day

scrsteven

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I disagree.
I think going back to the top of the queue is a good thing as long as the same user doesn't post twice in 24 hours. This is important for price updates which occur in most sales (highest offer received so far... BIN dropped... etc).

Of course some ppl abuse this but just give warnings to them / lock the threads.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The idea behind this is to drive sales by allowing bidders to determine the activity of a thread by posting offers etc. This way, moderators spend less time determining what is a self-made bump and what's not. Since a sales thread is not allowed to have commentary unrelated to a sales inquiry, it should reduce such issues dramatically. This function was in place many moons ago and it was lost when a new version of vBulletin was applied.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So then people would just start a new sales thread?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
So then people would just start a new sales thread?

Per the rules, one every 24 hours and you cannot list the same domain unless 7 days have passed.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see...7 days would take care of that.

I would actually suggest a medium...where after 24hrs, original poster has one more update to pricing or buy it now....if there were no responses after that...sale thread is dead.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The bumping hack is a great idea. I thought it had been tested here before actually.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes! Things come and go, this is one that was brought back by popular demand. We used to have it but as new versions of the site come and go, it was done away with at one point.
It's no secret... when we do a major website version upgrade, some of the add-ons like the prevent bumping feature get disabled till the code that makes them work gets caught up to date with the other changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom