Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

No emails when a PM sent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think there are still some problems.

I didn't get the newsletter earlier. And now, I did a test, having someone send me a PM, and I didn't get the email notification.

Can this be fixed??

Upvote 0

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did you double check your settings?

User CP > Edit Options

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My options are correct -- never changed anything.

Also, no email notifications when someone replies to a thread I'm subscribed to....grrrrr.....

Not sure why. Are you able to check server logs to see if the emails are getting sent??

If they are getting sent, perhaps the IP block that is sending out the emails is being blackholed due to spam, or other issues? (you'd hopefully see the bounce messages) Or the reverse DNS isn't correct on the mail server?

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is an issue which definitely affect a number of members and should be investigated thoroughly.

S

Sammy

GeorgeK we were unaware of any problems until so started saying they did now get the mass email that was sent yesterday. We are fixing this today ;)

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It appears to be fixed now --- thank you!! I received about 10 email notices, some backlogged from April 11th.

S

Sammy

They may not have all come from the first back log send. The server is set to send again in a few hours. ;)

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you able to say (without revealing anything that might affect security) what the fix/issue was with the unsent mail? This might help others who are running vBulletin systems, to know what to look for if they ever encounter a similar problem.

(it's now working perfectly for me, with no lags on new notices)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom