Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

No lowball offers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't know about you but I am getting a bit annoyed by all the sellers who often post NO LOWBALL OFFERS. Why not simply post a specific price or at a minumum a price range and then not need to deal with low offers at all?

How in the world would a buyer know what the seller considers low ball? Lowball to one seller may be a good price for another selller or a buyer as that term is so subjective and arbitrary. Buyers do not have a crystal ball to tell what the seller expects.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
good point, if people want offers over a certain $ amount, then give that base $ amount in your post...

or dont complain about lowball offers...

flatt

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Right on, quite an annoyance.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RealNames said:
. Why not simply post a specific price or at a minumum a price range and then not need to deal with low offers at all?

That is a very good suggestion.

I have been on both sides of this topic.

Occasionally, I have offered a low ball price. But, I really didn't know
what they wanted.

However, I have also been offended by unsolicited low ball offers.

So, your suggestion is a very good idea.

Sub

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Some of the sellers (like myself) are very open minded. I rarely leave a price, unless I am totally sure I am not going to take any offers below $x. In that case, I will leave a lowball price.

I am sure some buyers don't like it, but it is upto their opinion, really.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good post - I think it is stupid as well to state "no lowball offers"

If you can't handle negotiations, get out of sales.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pricing and negotiation are ARTS, and many buyers and sellers are really poor at them. First off, NEVER offer or bid for a price that is remotely distant from your bottom (or ceiling). How on earth can you justify when just less than 24 - 48 hours ago you were asking for $1,000, and then it comes all the way down to $200?? Negotiation does NOT mean starting off with some ridiculously high or low prices.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
You guys are making the sellers out to be the big bad wolf. The buyer has some onus to know what a 'Lowball offer' is. Afterall, we all have a decent feel for what a name is worth.

I will use Coffee.net as an example (which I own).

I get a lot of lowball offers on this name. People think they are doing me a favor by offering $500. If the offer is unsolicited, I can understand where the Lowball offer.

However, a lot of times, I get an inquiry asking if the name is for sale, and if so, what price. I reply to them and state that I have had a $20,000 offer, which I rejected (and is 100% true). They then come back and offer $5000. Where the heck is the art and logic of negotiating in this? Why would I accept $5k from person B when I tuned down a $20k offer from person A?

It works both ways.

-Bob

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that's exactly my point though... you are always going to get stupid offers in this business. there is no reason to accept them, but why even pre-empt them at the risk of not starting a conversation with a potential buyer?

even if that conversation consists of "no thanks - I have rejected offers of 4 times that much" - you never know where the response might lead.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bob said:
Where the heck is the art and logic of negotiating in this? Why would I accept $5k from person B when I tuned down a $20k offer from person A?
I would guess that this person B obviously doesn't know and trust you at all. So when you told him that you'd got a $20K offer, he simply thought it was some kind of trick you played on him. You may want to blame (again) those buyers and sellers who mess up the whole school of price negotiation by offering or bidding at illogical shots.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bob said:
However, a lot of times, I get an inquiry asking if the name is for sale, and if so, what price. I reply to them and state that I have had a $20,000 offer, which I rejected (and is 100% true). They then come back and offer $5000. Where the heck is the art and logic of negotiating in this? Why would I accept $5k from person B when I tuned down a $20k offer from person A?

It works both ways.

-Bob
In negotiations I have once settled at a price that was 1/5th the sellers highest offer (in the bubble times). = )

M

mole

Any one here have good scripts on how to approach domain owners without giving away the shop?

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got an offer of 1 dollar today on a domain I make 250.00 dollars a yr in ppc income from, I can only assume it was a kid because its a teen domain

AHDOnline

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am often at a total loss when trying to make an offer, I am too often afraid to offend the selling party. Sells always go quicker when there is atleast a starting point to go from. Like mentioned ":Looking for mid $xx" good, now I know if It is worth my time or not.

Then again on the selling end I try to post a domain and have no idea its value and post $200.00 and it gets taken and then resold for $2000.00. That has actually happened once to me. So I like the make an offer when I am on the selling end, but hate it when I am buying. So its a no win...

guiwang

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I never write "NO LOWBALL OFFERS" in my post ,I like write range $xxxx or others.
I think if you write "NO LOWBALL OFFERS" then you will lost many potential buyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom