Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

No more .mobi's in appraisal forum PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.mobi's cannot possibly be appraised this early in the game. You could own 777.mobi, and noone could possibly give you an accurate appraisal. Going into the new extentions you should know right off the back that you will be sitting on the names for a long while before you actually discover the value.

With that being said... Stop posting Mobi's, your only wasting your own time. $0 should be the appraisal for ANY .mobi right now, because noone knows yet.

:rolleyes:

Domain Days 2024

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
agreed. i think some people just post them to show off, which is fine but if you have a good name you should know its a good name. unless you really dont know what a good name is.. then people telling you it sucks is pretty helpful if you accept those type of opinions..

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Andrew,
agreed. it's a bit silly.
Predmeister :target:

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agreed.

I'm officially boycotting .mobi appraisal threads, if no one appraises them then no one will post them.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I love my signature image.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I love my signature image.

LOL. That is quite funny. Even though we say this, it isnt going to stop the next newbie from registering Howtoeatanapple.mobi..and then they'll pitch it as.."Someone is in there office or school and they are about to eat lunch. Suddenly, they realize that they don't know how to actually eat an apple. Well, what else to do but whip out there brand new RAZR and type in Howtoeatanapple.mobi.......blah blah blah! :frusty:

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seriously. Regardless of mobi taking off or not, its not for me, you, or the old man next door to decide. more-over, its WAY too early in the game for ANYONE to have ANY clue what to expect as far as value goes. As mjnels said above, I also feel that people tend to use the appraisal threads as a way to show off their newly registered names. Its great to see the excitment, but bypass the zero dollar figure remarks and choose one of the two lounges to show off your treasures.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
....which is why when it comes to upgrading a member to exclusive I propose to check their recent threads and ensure no .mobis where listed for appraisal ;)

No. Just not an excess amount of mobis or imfrickenretarded.mobi

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong, Im not bashing the mobi extention. Everyone to their own. This goes for any new extention; but this one in particular. Mobi's will rely on users aside from the PC, or laptop. It stretches beyond (as far as I know) what any extention has ever done. It's success or failer is quite simply THE most unknown of them all at this time.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If no one posts .mobi names for appraisal, who will I bash? :wink:

I like your suggestion Ashaw :)

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it isnt going to stop the next newbie from registering Howtoeatanapple.mobi..and then they'll pitch it as.."Someone is in there office or school and they are about to eat lunch. Suddenly, they realize that they don't know how to actually eat an apple. Well, what else to do but whip out there brand new RAZR and type in Howtoeatanapple.mobi.......blah blah blah! :frusty:

lol.. i almost fell out of my chair reading that

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good idea Andrew. All .mobi freaks out there should squat on their names quietly without telling us here until the hey day comes!!

Chelsea

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe all .mobi appraisal threads could be closed/deleted?!?

This is really getting too much now.

levanle

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good idea Andrew. All .mobi freaks out there should squat on their names quietly without telling us here until the hey day comes!!

Wow! Somebody is calling us freaks!
I didn't want to participate in this at all but just can't resist.
Gentlement, if you are not interested in some appraisals then just ignore those. Everybody else is doing the same thing. I am ignoring most of the appraisal requests here, .com, .net, .mobi no difference.
No one can force anyone to participate in any thread.

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow! Somebody is calling us freaks!
I didn't want to participate in this at all but just can't resist.
Gentlement, if you are not interested in some appraisals then just ignore those. Everybody else is doing the same thing. I am ignoring most of the appraisal requests here, .com, .net, .mobi no difference.
No one can force anyone to participate in any thread.

The point would be that there are pretty much useless since the community is not in a position to provide relevant or accurate feedback. The suffix is too new and all of the sales are new, with nothing to go by really.

So we have a board full of, in my opinion, mostly bad names, asking for a value and it's either one of us saying it's worthless, because we feel it actually is and will be, or another .mobi fan giving them a UBB high five.

Basically, the threads are usually pointless and an eyesore. If you really want something like that, just make "one" apprasial thread in here, and everyone with a. mobi and post it and you guys can "speculate" on what it may be worth once a market is formed.

Until then, your asking for something no one can give.

Jay

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The point would be that there are pretty much useless since the community is not in a position to provide relevant or accurate feedback. The suffix is too new and all of the sales are new, with nothing to go by really.

Exactally. and thats all that is ment by this thread. No offense should be taken as I'm not bashing the .mobi extention at all. I'm quite simply saying that any new extention in general should not even be attempted an appraisal as its not possible. Those who choose to take offense, and swing things in a total opposit direction may are only declairing war on themselves.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It will die down soon. It's called a landrush for a reason.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I wonder if moby.mobi is redundant or simply retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom