Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

>>> no more Schumacher-Liuzzi-like accidents or Surtees-like deaths >>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaetanomarano

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

no more Schumacher-Liuzzi-like accidents or Surtees-like deaths in Formula 1 or IndyCar

for the FOURTH time this year a Formula 1 driver has been VERY CLOSE to be KILLED in an accident due to a lack of safety of today's formula cars

this time the Force India driven by Liuzzi has crashed atop the Mercedes driven by Michael Schumacher, as you can see in the chilling video below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmNqxSJxu5I

WHAT the Formula 1 teams wait to adopt a much SAFER roll-bar like the model proposed in my article?

No more Massa-like accidents and Surtees-like deaths in Formula 1 and IndyCar races!

I think that ALL Formula cars teams must adopt this SAFER roll-bar to avoid other accidents and deaths!

more details and images here:

http://www.gaetanomarano.it/formula1/002abetterF1.html

http://www.ghostnasa.com/F1/002rollbar.jpg

Jilo

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think your idea's ridiculous. You said it's the fourth time this season a driver has been close to being killed - that tells me that safety levels now are very good.

20 years ago, you had at least 3 drivers per season being killed - including Ayrton Senna. The fact that no one has been killed is down to the FIA and the teams who ensure the highest levels of safety possible.

Sure, you will have a few crashes (what do you expect when they're driving at 200 mph?), but the drivers always walk away.

Your roll cage idea would hinder, rather than help. Say there is a fire in the engine. The driver has to get out pretty quickly to avoid being seriously burned.

They'd have to manoeuvre around your roll cage before escaping - that would add precious seconds that the driver may not have.

gaetanomarano

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
safety levels now are very good

true, today's F1 are much more safer than past ones thanks to a stronger cockpit, but the only place that's still unprotected is the pilots' head, as evidenced by four of the many F1 accidents this year

my drawing is only one of many possible design of the roll-bar that can be made to better and safer in all situations

Jilo

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The driver's heads are protected as much as possible with current car and helmet designs. Trust me, if it was a problem, the FIA would have already taken measures to put protection on every car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom