Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

No more .XXX Cybersquatting - says ICM Registry CEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow.

ICM Registry, the official registry of the new .xxx top-level domain TLD, announced that as part of its investigation of reported cybersquatting by a handful of individuals, it has suspended registrations that appear to involve unmistakable, blatant cybersquatting in violation of the Registry’s policies and the Registry-Registrant Agreement.

Quite a jaw-dropper.

The XXX registry taking a stance, where most all the other regular big-name registrars just willingly take your money and look the other way?

(visualize a slug on the street showing you watches within his jacket, looking for a quick quiet sale.)

The irony.

(I wont name names, but to make it easy, just look at the top-ten+ registrars. ;) )

Last edited:

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Brings up the usual issues though - I see two names in that list that I wouldn't consider a TM infringement. So who gets to play judge and jury?

Indeed. Not to mention ICM has a number of adult trademarks in their 'premium reserved' list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom