Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

No Privileges To Post In Contest Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I looked in the 'Contests' sub-forum and it says I don't not have sufficient privileges to post there.

I assume this is a bug. Why would I not have sufficient privileges as a platinum lifetime member?

Consequently I posted news of a domain giveaway in the Gold Cafe sub-forum and it was subsequently disappeared.

Where should I post a link to a domaining contest?

Upvote 0

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I looked in the 'Contests' sub-forum and it says I don't not have sufficient privileges to post there.

I assume this is a bug. Why would I not have sufficient privileges as a platinum lifetime member?

Consequently I posted news of a domain giveaway in the Gold Cafe sub-forum and it was subsequently disappeared.

Where should I post a link to a domaining contest?

also, where's the Help or Support sub-forum. Perhaps this isn't the right place to post a question to moderators or the site admins, but then, where is? If anyone's home please reply back, over.

Domain summit 2024

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
also, where's the Help or Support sub-forum. Perhaps this isn't the right place to post a question to moderators or the site admins, but then, where is? If anyone's home please reply back, over.
I think you are on the right thread. You may want to try Help Wanted! as well.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

if, you're giving away something and members have to go to your website in order to enter...then it is considered a "promotion" for that website and whatever services it provides, regardless to what the prize is.

as the "prize, via a contest" is bait to lure visitors.

imo....

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nevermind. I didn't realize there is a cost to post in that forum. It says so in the parent forum, but didn't say anything about it specifically in the contests forum.

is there a place on this forum to post press releases?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nevermind. I didn't realize there is a cost to post in that forum. It says so in the parent forum, but didn't say anything about it specifically in the contests forum.

is there a place on this forum to post press releases?

Sorry,

other solutions i could think of, would be to use your signature or upgrade to Exclusive.
then you can create a thread in Exclusive Advertising section whenever you want.

Good Luck!

imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators