Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

No Replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitronet

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I contacted Sedo using their online form twice within the last 3 days and have yet to have a response.

What is the normal response time???

Another day has passed and no response.

I offered a sellers asking price for a domain (about $3500 US) and have heard nothing.

Is customer service just non-existant in this industry?

Domain summit 2024

DNnic

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Don't worry ~

Maybe waitting another few more days... :laugh:

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
'Don't worry ~ "...

You think nitronet should be happy to wait few a few more days after he's made a $3500 bid at asking price?

I would be furious.

Seems of late that both Sedo and Fabulous are getting slower and slower. There may be a class act on the horizon that gets the job done properly... people do NOT expect to wait for unreasonable periods in these circumstances.

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Nitronet,

Which online form did you use to contact us?
Was this regarding a bid you made?
Please email me/PM me with your username and the domain name in question.
If you could outline the query - I'll deal with it personally.

If your query was about a lack of response from the seller:
We cannot force sellers to respond to bids.
The idea of the system is to give the buyer and seller greater control over proceedings.
While we encourage sellers to respond to all bids - we cannot ensure that they do so.
However, what I could do is to forward a mail on your behalf to the seller.
If you want me to do so - please email me.

Kind Regards,

Nora Cotter
Key Account Manager

SEDO.COM :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites

tel +49 (221)-420-758-287 :: fax +49 (212)-202-3951
email: nora@sedo.com :: url: www.sedo.com

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

DNnic

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
See ~~

You've got the response !

nitronet

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nora,

I will PM you.

I offered a sellers asking price. The next step should be me sending you my money.

If your online form isn't working perhaps you should fix it.

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

PM'd back Nitronet - here's a quick explanation in general for everyone too....

Sedo’s model is an offer-counteroffer model.
This means that you negotiate directly with the domain’s owner until you both agree on a price.
This system takes away the uncertainty of an auction model, reduces the potential for fraud, and gives you precise control over how much you pay.

So - both parties have to agree to a sale before you can consider a domain bought/sold.

For example:
A domain is set at "make offer".
You offer $x
The seller counters $y.
The buyer makes a counter offer of $z.
Then the buyer reconsiders and counters again with $y as the seller had previously countered.
This is not a sale.
The seller must first accept your offer - then it is a sale.
Only when both parties have agreed to a sale does the bid thread go into the agreement stage and subsequently to the transfer stage.

Kind Regards,

Nora Cotter
Key Account Manager

nitronet

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If a seller makes a counter offer that is binding for 7 days that can not be raised, and that offer is met, how is this not a sale?

This makes no sense whatsoever...

Sedo states that a buyer can't reduce and a seller can't raise their offers during the buying process, but now I got an offer from the seller which is double the last price.

Sedo is a total waste of time, save your money and spend it elsewhere.

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nitronet,

Again -
Sedo’s model is an offer-counteroffer model.
This means that you negotiate directly with the domain’s owner until you both agree on a price.

Your first counter offer was made in those seven days.
Once you counter, it is your offer that is binding.
The seller's original offer is no longer binding once you counter offer.
You did not "meet" the seller's offer - you counter bid with a sum lower than the seller's offer and later countered again with the same amount that the seller had asked for.
That is not agreeing a sale.

We recommend that customers familiarize themselves with the Sedo bidding system by reading the info available on our homepage, before starting to bid.
If you inform yourself of the offer/counter-offer model before bidding, you have a better chance at a successful sale and you may find the system makes more sense.

Regards,

Nora Cotter
Key Account Manager

nitronet

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SedoCoUk said:
We recommend that customers familiarize themselves with the Sedo bidding system by reading the info available on our homepage, before starting to bid.
If you inform yourself of the offer/counter-offer model before bidding, you have a better chance at a successful sale and you may find the system makes more sense.

Regards,

Nora Cotter
Key Account Manager

I won't need to familiarize myself with your bidding system, since you will never see a dime of my money or waste another minute of my time.

Have a nice day.

D MARKS

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents, but I have also recently had such an experience with SEDO where I had offered a seller there asking price, over 6k and never heard back.

I also submitted an email to customer service wondering why sites are listed for sale if there is no intention from the seller in actually selling. If you offer them full price, there is no offer, counter offer issue. And I also never heard back from anyone at SEDO, so.....I would like to see them remove these domains from their site, the only thing worse than having hundreds of thousands of domains with unrealistic or make offer prices are people who list their sites and then have no intention of actually selling.

Don Marks

nitronet

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
D MARKS said:
Just my 2 cents, but I have also recently had such an experience with SEDO where I had offered a seller there asking price, over 6k and never heard back.

I also submitted an email to customer service wondering why sites are listed for sale if there is no intention from the seller in actually selling. If you offer them full price, there is no offer, counter offer issue. And I also never heard back from anyone at SEDO, so.....I would like to see them remove these domains from their site, the only thing worse than having hundreds of thousands of domains with unrealistic or make offer prices are people who list their sites and then have no intention of actually selling.

Don Marks

Exactly, when a full price offer is made, the deal should be done.

Sedo probably makes more money keeping the names there and taking most of the revenue they make.

Luckily, there are plenty of other good places to buy domains that really want to sell them.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems bizarre to me too ... if a seller lists an ask price and a buyer offers that amount, Sedo should force the transaction to proceed automatically ... not saying Sedo should necessarily force the seller to actually sell the domain, but Sedo should at minimum go out of its way to get the transaction moving - of course, some folks wonder if Sedo is more focused on the advertising business from parked domains than sales ... parking revenues is a gravy train, but for how long, but I digress.

Ron

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have some good news!
In a few weeks, Sedo will be implementing a whole new listing system, whereby customers will have more control over bids, minimum offers etc.

This will be the first of several improvements to be implemented, that Sedo is currently planning. Many of these improvements are the result of all your comments and suggestions. Thanks for your continuing support and feedback - we really appreciate it!

Kind Regards,

Nora Cotter
Key Account Manager

DNnic

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Sounds good !

D MARKS

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just an update on my previous post, finally heard back from SEDO regarding my incident. They suggested I PAY them for their brokerage service. If I make a full price offer for a site they have listed why should I then have to pay an additional fee?

I requested they remove the domain in question from their site.

DON

Red Hawk

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
aZooZa said:
'Don't worry ~ "...

You think nitronet should be happy to wait few a few more days after he's made a $3500 bid at asking price?

I would be furious.

Seems of late that both Sedo and Fabulous are getting slower and slower. There may be a class act on the horizon that gets the job done properly... people do NOT expect to wait for unreasonable periods in these circumstances.

Wrong login - sorry

DownUnder

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'll use my login now - damn cookies.... :)

Actually - if you submit a bid for a domain at Fabulous, we do not even see it. An email is sent directly to the domain owner, so if you do not get a reply it is not something that we are being slow with....

If other support requests are slow - please be sure to let me know about it personally so that I can remedy the situation.

Cheers,

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In real estate if a low offer is made and rejected the original asking price is still fully valid and may not be changed after the offer to buy at the stated price is made. If the buyer agrees to pay full asking price the seller must sell. The fact the buyer once made a low offer is totally irrelevant. In fact, to say no to a full price offer in real estate the seller must pay the commission to the real estate broker if he reneges on selling as that commission becomes due upon a full price offer being made.

That is the same with most all products, including cars where no matter how many offers are made, if the buyer later offers full sticker price the dealer will sell. The dealership could even be prosecuted for false advertising by the State if they renege.

Agree with Nitronet on this issue as the Sedo system is seriouslly flawed and it seems quite odd they implemented such a weird system it in the first place.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not exactly. While there are laws in some states regulating some types of sales, an ask should be assumed to be only that, an ask - meeting an ask is not necessarily a binding agreement of purchase/sale.

Real estate transactions occasionally go bad ... while technically, certain things are supposed to happen, the reality is quite different and thus most seasoned real estate agents try to avoid problems, and work to find a solution when one arises - going to court is expensive and where winning a worthwhile judgement is not guaranteed.

In regards to the car dealer scenerio, there are instances in which one may be forced to pay above sticker price in times of tight demand, such as new/limited edition models.

While there are various laws regarding the conduct of some types of transactions, domain names are for the most in a world of their own ... ultimately a sale isn't a sale until both seller and buyer mutually agree on a final sale price and proceed to the actual exchange.

With all that said, it seems Sedo would do better to structure their offer system like Afternic - when a buyer makes an offer that meets an ask, the seller should forced to do something - at minimum Sedo should require the seller to reply back in a timely manner, and strongly encourage them to follow through with the sale.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators