Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

No Revenue Dropoff At DomainSponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I've been hearing about everyone getting revenue dropoffs from their parking service. 20%, 30%, 40%. I didn't think I was seeing that at DomainSponsor. The only way a parking company can drop your value is by reducing the amount of revenue you earn per click. So I did a quick check of my revenue per click:

6 Month average: 15 cents.
3 Month average: 15 cents.
November average: 16 cents.
December average: 17 cents.

Certainly not seeing a dropoff in RPC. And I have enough clicks to make this reasonably scientific.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i agree with Duckinla, my revenue has been going up in DomainSponsor as well.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Meanwhile Sedo averages are hitting single digits.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domainsponsor is a great company. They don't just work to increase their profits, they work to increase yours as well. Notice all posts about them are pretty much positive.

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can only STRONGLY agree ....

DS are the dogs Nadds
epc average 31c in Dec since new landers .. up from 29c before that .

if you move domains there , give them a few days to optimize , results are always low in first few days ... then bang ...

i have a domain that made $5-$10 a month on sedo ... a poor paying domain i thought .... now has a minimum of $500 a month on DS. This is my most extreme case ... But true .... i was pleasantly surprised . ( the domain is a $5k at cost LLL.com )

loads of threads here about bad PPC earnings , yet very few people walk . i dont understand that ... if sedo are crap... then move on ... etc ... trust me , DS will be the last stop in your search . i continue to test other services and always stay with DS in the end.

Domainsponsor is a great company. They don't just work to increase their profits, they work to increase yours as well. Notice all posts about them are pretty much positive.
.... and that is the truth !

mjreine

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good to hear something positive finally about one of the parking places... I'll have to move more domains over there to try them out. Im trying out revenuedirect right now. Domains have only been there a week but revenue is low.. so I was thinking on trying out klickerz or namedrive.. but I think I'll try them at DS for awhile.

Any comments on NameDrive or Klickerz?
How long do you need to let domains 'optimize' before revs start going up? Days? Weeks?

Thanks,
-Matt

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have to say that DS is indeed great company, however I can see 20% revenue drop for the last 3 days

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainSponsor is a very well run company especially considering the amount
of trafffic they control.

The people that are seeing major dropoff of revenue are using ppc companies that
have a Yahoo feed. (ie., Goldkey, Active Audience, Trafficz, Skenzo, Klickerz)

Yahoo has been paying poorly since late Sept. But, they had already started
cutting back in Aug and early Sept.

Yahoo was paying the best this Spring/early Summer.

Google did some minor adjustments late Summer but it wasn't as drastic as Yahoo.

At this point, 80% of my domains are with DS.

The only complaint I have about DS, they have been dragging their feet on the
new rollout for 2 months.

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The only complaint I have about DS, they have been dragging their feet on the
new rollout for 2 months.
but it was worth the wait ..IMO

As well as revenue , i would also like to add that customer support is second to none ... very responsive.. They seem to understand that we bring in the revenue... unlike other services that assume they are providing a free service , and give support that matches a free service.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I think I need to make my own Sedo FAQ, stay tuned.

Name Trader

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've also seen a steadily increasing RPC at DS but a drop off in Dec...

6 Month: 0.23
3 Month: 0.28
1 Month: 0.34
Decmbr: 0.27

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My concern with domainsponsor is that I keep getting ignored when I ask what their relationship is exactly with chestertonholdings? Are they indeed one and the same, as it would appear? If they are, how do they justify monitoring whois lookups and regging names checked by domainers? Wouldn't this qualify as biting the hand that feeds them?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DS is a great company.

I really dont have anything negative to say about them. Good support, high click revenues, fast payment, etc.

Name Trader

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My concern with domainsponsor is that I keep getting ignored when I ask what their relationship is exactly with chestertonholdings? Are they indeed one and the same, as it would appear? If they are, how do they justify monitoring whois lookups and regging names checked by domainers? Wouldn't this qualify as biting the hand that feeds them?

Yes it would. Unfortunately, this kinda conflict is happening more and more with all these registrar, parking and sales site takeovers as well. Do you have any links where I can read more about DS/CH?

NAK

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
DS was the very first provider I ever used, I was earning about $100-$140 a month with their Beta version during the first year, signed up thru PPC Income, I thought the $$ was OK, then I made a switch to another provider using the same domains, Revenue went from $100-$140 at DS to over $900 per month using other providers, a huge difference, I contacted Sam and he could never explain why this happened, so I never went back and ultimately closed my account.

Sorry I went a little off topic.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
after reading these posts i decided to switch some low traffic names back, it is a lot simpler without proredirect, but i am still having the problem of timing out in their domain management area. It takes forever to update keywords it may be my browser, but this is the only place giving me a problem, anyone else or is it just me

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom