Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

No tolls in the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congress is about to cast a historic vote on the future of the Internet. It will decide whether the Internet remains a free and open technology fostering innovation, economic growth and democratic communication, or instead becomes the property of cable and phone companies that can put toll booths at every on-ramp and exit on the information superhighway.
I was wondering what is your opinion on network neutrality. Net neutrality means simply that all like Internet content must be treated alike and move at the same speed over the network. The owners of the Internet's wires cannot discriminate. ¨
For more read the article here http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/07/AR2006060702108.html

Domain Days 2024

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Even IF congress passes this insane law, exposing the greedy telcos and ISP's for what they truly are, they will not win the battle. Wait until there is free municipal WIFI, and I am not talking about WIFI from the ISP's.. (Come on google, we know you're close).

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not convinced that there is only one side to this story.
Are the Telco's possibly looking for payment to increase speed for some sites...or are they planning to reduce speed for sites that don't pay?
For years Television charged the producers, not the consumers. We didn't complain about that. Don't we all wish cable was free as well? Is it possible that Telco's will be able to reduce or eliminate our subscriber rates with a program that charges the providers?

I don't know the answers, I just know that it's an easy story to spin and so far I've only seen one spin on it. If free Wifi is on the horizon, I would have to believe the telco's are looking for ways to reduce or elimate subscription charges. Or offer some other benefit to subscribers. Charging the providers would be one way of funding this.

POLiSH

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They should just put up Adsense on Whitehouse.gov and it should take care of this issuse.

Abraham said:
Congress is about to cast a historic vote on the future of the Internet. It will decide whether the Internet remains a free and open technology fostering innovation, economic growth and democratic communication, or instead becomes the property of cable and phone companies that can put toll booths at every on-ramp and exit on the information superhighway.
I was wondering what is your opinion on network neutrality. Net neutrality means simply that all like Internet content must be treated alike and move at the same speed over the network. The owners of the Internet's wires cannot discriminate. ¨
For more read the article here http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/07/AR2006060702108.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom