Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

No URl's in Signature? Please advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockIce

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi-

I'm new here, and had a link to a forum I run in my signature. I noticed it was removed. But, I see other peopple with links to their sites.

Is this legal? I'll obviously comply with any board rules, but just want to know in advance. I was so excited to join I just clicked YES on the TOS. (Like anyone reads those anyways.)

Thanks for any feedback.
ROCK

Upvote 0

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If its a domain/webmaster related forum consider yourself the unlucky.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Illegal? No, you can not advertise forums that include similar content as DNF. Consider it coming into DNF holding a big sign saying come to my domain forum. DNF won't mind other sites, but if you are holding a sign about another domain forum, then it is not allowed.

POLiSH

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
Illegal? No, you can not advertise forums that include similar content as DNF. Consider it coming into DNF holding a big sign saying come to my domain forum. DNF won't mind other sites, but if you are holding a sign about another domain forum, then it is not allowed.

Well put jdk.

RockIce

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought. However, my forum is a Football Discussion forum. Why woud that be removed? I'm sure we have many football fans here, but I don't think that is in competition with the DNFORUM.

I'm really surprised they would remove that. Any Admins here?

That's what I thought. However, my forum is a Football Discussion forum. Why woud that be removed? I'm sure we have many football fans here, but I don't think that is in competition with the DNFORUM.

I'm really surprised they would remove that. Any Admins here care to explain?

Coolalex

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you were a gold member when you added it thats why but if your a platinum member you get 2 links i beleive (You still cant have other domain sites though)

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RockIce, if this is still an open question feel free to PM me the link to your site and I can see why it was removed by looking at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom