Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Nobody home at Domain Holdings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On Saturday, I got an inquiry through DomainNameSales.com & decided to assign Domain Holdings as the broker, because their listing said "Our brokers work around the clock to negotiate domain deals on your behalf." and "World’s largest team of 8 full-time domestic and international brokers."

Over the weekend, DomainNameSales confirmed that our "relationship" was established. This enabled me to assign the domain to Domain Holdings yesterday morning.

Around midday today, having gotten no confirmation that they'd received or acted on this assignment, I called them and got a voicemail greeting. I left a message asking them to call me.

Now the day is ending and I've heard nothing.

I'm trying not to be too impatient, and this isn't likely to be a big sale (I'm looking for mid-$x,xxx), but I still feel like I should get some sign that Domain Holdings is doing what I asked them to do - especially since they advertise that they have a large team that works around the clock. Anybody else have relevant experiences with them (good or bad)?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

imo...you don't just "assign" a domain to a broker who listed some blah blah in their profile, you call or establish contact first to discuss the domain

did you check to see if you're under any obligations, once you assigned your name to them?

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
imo...you don't just "assign" a domain to a broker who listed some blah blah in their profile, you call or establish contact first to discuss the domain

DomainNameSales has an automated system for choosing a broker & forwarding a domain inquiry to them. Since Domain Holdings has a big profile in the industry & was founded by a couple of heavyweights (John Ferber & Chad Folkening), I was willing to give them a try on a non-super-premium domain. Once I chose them, they should have, in a timely manner, either: a) confirmed that they would try to sell the domain or b) rejected it so that I could move in a different direction.

did you check to see if you're under any obligations, once you assigned your name to them?

Don't know. My fear is that the prospective buyer, having gotten no response for several days, will move on to something else.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just re-assign it to your self "self broker" and reply back with a price
You're probably right ... I'm just concerned that Domain Holdings may already have contacted the guy without telling me.

I think I'll just write to the guy and ask him if he's heard from my "business associate" yet.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Since Domain Holdings has a big profile in the industry & was founded by a couple of heavyweights (John Ferber & Chad Folkening),

never heard of em'

but even if i did, i would contact prior to, before assigning

it's just the way i think such should be handled

Good Luck though!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Don't fax us, we'll fax you! :D

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just discovered that, after I assigned that domain inquiry to Domain Holdings in April, they actually did call and email the prospective buyer. The buyer backed away, but at least Domain Holdings made the effort.

I'm surprised I wasn't notified of these negotiations, which I just found in my DomainNameSales archive. In this case, I think it was DomainNameSales [a.k.a. InternetTraffic] that dropped the ball; I should have gotten an email saying negotiations were under way, gotten copied on correspondence, or something. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom