Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Nominate.net makes it impossible to transfer out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentum

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nominate.net (BB Online UK Ltd) has a great racket going. They make it virtually impossible to transfer domain names out from them, because their whois server is constantly down. Thus making it impossible to get confirmation for the transfer from the registrant, because the registrant information is not being supplied by the whois server. Great for Nominate, terrible for customers.

I have experienced this frustration before with small, amateurish registrars but I expected Nominate.net to be at least somewhat respectable. Wrong. If you are in the unfortunate situation of having domain names registered with this company, my only advice to you is to check the whois for your domains everyday and on the one day when their whois server is actually operating correctly, initiate transfers for all of your domain names. Otherwise your domains will be held hostage and you will be forced to pay their high renewal fees.

domnet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Momentum: I had this same problem. If you are transfering to eNom, you should choose the FAX option (and fax them the transfer request). This worked the first time I used this method. Let me know how it turns out.

Momentum

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Domnet! I didn't even think about using the fax option. I can't wait to try it out and move my domains out of the black hole!

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Even with the new rules, it is difficult to transfers domains out of there.
Plus, Bob - the Managing Director, totally ignores my emails.

I suggested to Snapnames to put another column on the bidding page
indicating which registrar caught the name. So, I can then decide if I want
to bid on the name.

Obviously, they would not want to do that. Since, it would affect the
revenue.

I consider Nominate one of the more difficult registrars to deal with.
And, they speak "english" !!!!

Momentum

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep they are still one of the multitude of registrars that work with Snap or Pool, that keep your domain names hostage. By virtue of the fact that their whois data never works, it makes outgoing transfers impossible. I tried fax transfers as suggested, but this still doesn't work if the whois information cannot be viewed.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nominate.net Easyspace.com (the worst of the worst), and others including Nominet.co.uk are just a few of the UK firms who make it very tough to transact business in U.K. domains. There are also other threads at the forums on UK firms.

It is quite sad and also surprising to see British firms having reputations of bad support, poor websites, high prices and difficult policies, on a par with some of the bad Asian based registrars, as I tend to expect a lot more from England than some non-English speaking nations.

P.S. Most of my UK names I let expire, even some good ones. I doubt if I would ever buy or reg another UK name no matter how good it looks, too tough to deal with these places.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this is very alarming as I have now a collection of names from snap at nominate.

I am going to try to transfer out on the ones that are over 60 days old.
It better work.
Did the others have any luck?

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did anyone managed to transfer a domain out?

Kevin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is frustrating indeed to get a nice dropped name only see some registrars making it as difficult as possible to transfer the domain out.

I have experienced this type of problem also –- too many times!

And this salient unprofessionalism makes no sense whatsoever; it only causes these registrars to lose clients and ultimately impacts their revenue –- that defies common sense and basic business practices.

I hope you were able to transfer the domains.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did you contact Enom about the transfer? Can they help in any way?

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stinking foreign registrars. Nominet / BB Online fargin UK still denies transfers out no matter how you try to do it. Have tried fax, email, phone, complaints to ICANN (of course they are a joke too) and attempted transfers from 3 different registrars all failed.

What adds insult to injury is that I know they know I'm trying, because I then get 2 emails from them offering renewals (it expires April 2nd) and a snail mail letter offering the same no less.

These guys are slime balls.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I did it.
When you unlock a domain you only have 5 days to transfer the domain.
They then lock it again. :(

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dvdrip said:
I did it.
When you unlock a domain you only have 5 days to transfer the domain.
They then lock it again. :(

Yes they do, and I unlocked and immediately submitted for transfer. When that didn't work I unlocked and waited 24 hours and then submitted. When that didn't work I went back to proceedure #1 again. No use.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have got all my domains out from this registrars. I suggest to use moniker, they can do it.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use Moniker as well as many other registrars. I really like Moniker's security.
My Q is, how was Moniker able to 'rescue' your domains from nominate while other registrars were not?

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any registrar can do it.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dvdrip said:
Any registrar can do it.

So far 3 of my registrars have failed to obtain a transfer from Nominate / BB Online UK..

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Had this exact problem last week with Nominate. Is that who you are talking about? I guess Nominet is a different registrar. Anyway, after several frustrating emails back and forth, I finally brought my case to eNom and they were able to force a transfer by manually processing the WHOIS data. Took about 2 hours of my time, unfortunately. But I'm glad not to have to pay their renewal rates for this type of unethical behavior.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom