Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

non-paying bidder data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a question, I recently had again another non paying bidder.
How come I am not even allowed to get the buyer's email to see what the problem is? Privacy Protection cant really be the real reason, since even companies like ebay are obliged to give out the buyer's data if a seller does not end up sending the goods or a buyer does not pay.
I have a valid and enforceable contract here, but Sedo prevents me to enforce it, that has nothing to do with privacy protection, so do I only get the buyer's data when I file a lawsuit against the non paying bidder, in which case Sedo has to deliver the name anyway? Any lawyer here that knows?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Good luck with that, it's what Sedo does. The privacy protection claim is a lame excuse. Without a phone number and an email people are less inclined to pursuit legal action against a non-paying bidder.

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How about on ebay when you have the winners details, what can be done? Can you claim the full selling price?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's irrelevant. In a private contract, the buyer has the full details of the seller. It's all public WHOIS info. Sedo does not disclose the full details of the buyer e.g. their phone number and email.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't what this domain sold for, but you need to weigh in your time and legal fees, and also whether or not you can recover after the judgment.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just want at least the option to do something. Would the logic action be to take Sedo to court to get the name or even to hold Sedo responsible? Privacy protection does not hold true if a contract is in place.
After all I want the chance to contact the buyer to see what the reason was or if Sedo's emails just went to their spam folder or if there is something else that can be worked out, but not giving out buyer details if a contract is broken I deem illegal.

DNcom

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
how about this issue now? I also faced this problem and waiting for the payment from buyer....:(

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Keep bugging Sedo until they do their job for the 10% they charge!

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I now have a couple of non-paying bidders...I guess after 3 weeks of nothing you can conclude that...Someone placing a bid should have the proof that they have the fund to buy....it is that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom