Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Non-Payment for Name Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

namegamer

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever accept an offer to sell a domain name through Sedo, and the buyer doesn't pay? If so, what's the recourse against the buyer?

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the buyer does not pay, his/her account will be suspended and you will be given his/her contact information, if you decide to start legal action.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess the thread starter meant no transactions actually took place, but the potential buyer just backed off without honoring his or her offer to buy.

namegamer

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
I guess the thread starter meant no transactions actually took place, but the potential buyer just backed off without honoring his or her offer to buy.

That's correct.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They will NOT give you the email address, however. They should give EVERYTHING, including IP numbers if they really want to stop siding with the scam artists and the bid scams going on.

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:

Seems I misunderstood him.

JuniperPark said:
They will NOT give you the email address, however. They should give EVERYTHING, including IP numbers if they really want to stop siding with the scam artists and the bid scams going on.

They will give you all the information including the E-mail address. You can also request IP Address.

DomainQuay

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
namegamer said:
Anyone ever accept an offer to sell a domain name through Sedo, and the buyer doesn't pay? If so, what's the recourse against the buyer?

We just received this email from Sedo today, 4 weeks after the original "sale":

Unfortunately we have had no choice but to cancel the transfer for this domain name. Despite repeated emails and contact attempts the buyer has failed to make payment for this domain.

Since this cancellation is no fault of yours and due to the inaction of the other party you might have grounds for legal action, based upon Sedo’s binding bidding system. We would be happy to provide you the necessary contact data on the buyer should you decide that legal action is warranted.

A smooth transfer is only possible with full cooperation from both parties and we regret that this cancellation is necessary. We hope that your future business transactions with Sedo run more smoothly. Should you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

gemsergio

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its so ridicolous I sold 3 names and another 3 the transaction did not go through because the buyer just backed off.
I have 2 transaction right now I have heard nothing for 3 weeks lol.
Sedo should verify every account with a credit card and charge 100 usd as soon as the buyer accepts to buy the domain.

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gemsergio,

The main reason Sedo avoids to use credit card charging for verification is that they do not want to scare off the buyers I think.

gemsergio

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well at snapnames pool etc.. they all use credit cards cant see a valid reason why they wouldn't :)
It is just annoying IMO
Maybe I was just unlucky

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with you that it is pretty annoying but it is the kind of business model they use.

DomainQuay

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
gemsergio said:
Sedo should verify every account with a credit card ...

Gemsergio, I completely agree with that!

Maxo, maybe they could modify their business model?

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
maxo said:
Seems I misunderstood him.

They will give you all the information including the E-mail address. You can also request IP Address.

Not true. I went through this with them last week.

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is not true? They did not give you the information including the E-mail address or they did not provide you with the IP Address?

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
maxo said:
What is not true? They did not give you the information including the E-mail address or they did not provide you with the IP Address?

They would give only name and street address.

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Last time I requested the information, they provided me with the full contact information including the E-mail address. Probably you should have requested it as well

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:

Jay (from Sedo) just sent me the info on the last 4 non-paying bidders at Sedo! This morning Sedo paid me for an $800 sale on AIW.info, so it's been a good day for Sedo!! :)

Thanks Jay!

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
maxo said:
Last time I requested the information, they provided me with the full contact information including the E-mail address. Probably you should have requested it as well

well i bought a 3 letter .info name on sedo, it was listed with a BIN price. I waited for a week , heard nothing from them. The whois showed it is registered to a very well known domainer, who claims he never sells his domains and has bought many names in xxxxxx.

I waited for almost 2 weeks and got no reply from them, but got promt replies on my other transaction with them. Finally after a month they told me the transaction is cancelled by SEDO. I asked for the seller's details and they refused to give it to me?

Well i have already moved about 700 names from their parking program a while ago........It's Best to move on...

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is no BIN price at sedo.
Did you email the domainer?
Did you check to see if it was a fresh registration? Maybe the domain was listed by the previous owner...

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dvdrip said:
There is no BIN price at sedo.
Did you email the domainer?
Did you check to see if it was a fresh registration? Maybe the domain was listed by the previous owner...

I bought it with a BIN, emailed the domainer, no response, it wasn't a fresh registration.......could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom