Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

For Sale Noob Question - Best Place to Snag .ca Drops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doobee

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm aware of CIRA's TBR list, but I'm not clear on the best ways to register a drop. Is there an equivalent of "snapnames" for .ca domains? If so what are my choices? Is there any software that can do this for me? Thanks in advance.
Dov Katz

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have you tried pool.com ?

zenlogo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, not sure why but people who order thru Pool seem have a high success rate.

doobee

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've heard just the opposite about Pool (low success rate) but I did place backorders there. I just found out about sibername.com and put some bids in there for the upcoming TBR drop. Just wondered where else I might do the same? Anybody have any luck with .ca drops elsewhere?

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you go the CIRA homepage they maintain a list of all the registrars.

thebutler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When you are logged into Sibername TBR section they have a list of the last TBR results which shows who won what domain. Thats handy to see who is actually getting the better names.

As noted else where some big action this Wednesday.

doobee

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, today Pool grabbed 7 out of the 10 domains I was interested in out of the TBR drop! Time will tell, but that's a pretty good batting average. Now I just have to get through the 5 day auctions.

gurumaster

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And do you have to pay $60 for the names (minimum) if you are interested? is sibername cheaper than pool or are they both at $60? I tried to create an account on both sites, and found it confusing to locate a .ca at pool. Sibername, even more confusing.

-GM

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sibername is an auction format - runs anywhere from the minimum $15 to whatever people are willing to bid. Pool is a minimum $60 US for any backorder - if you are the only bidder you pay the $60. If there are other people interested in the same domain you go to auction. If you lose the auction at pool you don't pay anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom