Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

noob testing question

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry that this is a newbie question.

When testing a domain with places like Moniker, what would make a domain a keeper? Say the domain received 4 views and 1 click during the 3 days. Cost of domain was just reg fee.

Is this worth keeping or should I just delete the domain considering that I am unsure of any future clicks and traffic is low.

Thanks!

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anything over reg fee per year is a profit.

zzz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well, just wondering in the scenario where there is low traffic during the testing period, should the click be considered a fluke? As in, it could be translated to be just 1 click/month vs 1 click every few days? (I know it's not a whole lot, but if the click was worth 40 cents...)

Just wondering what would be considered worthy enough traffic based on seasoned domainer's experience?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any traffic is good. Your main concern however should be what giant domains has said. Anything making .02 cents per day average is profitable. That also means, if you are receiving lets say 2 visitors per week, and you have a 50% CTR, and the PPC is .13 cents; the domain name would be profitable. It doesnt matter if it receives .02 cents + per day, or .26 cents every other week. I tend to drop names that only receive one or two clicks when testing. Some parking services actually test your names which will throw off your stats. Your main concerns should be profit, and consistancy.

zzz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That makes sense. I was wondering about the 1/2 clicks thing. At first, I had one that received a click right away at .8 cents, so I kept it, and now it's got nothing.

I guess that's what I'm trying to figure out with these names with low visitors counts but initial clicks. I understand the part about profit, but haven't determined how to judge quality with only a few days of testing yet (unless it's blantantly obvious).

Thanks for the help guys

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMO '4 views and 1 click during the 3 days' is not a lot.
The decision whether to keep or not should be based on the quality of the name, the keywords and how easy (or hard) it would be to monetize.
At least you now know it's not a high-traffic domain.

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If it pays for itself over a year its not a loss.

If it makes anything over reg fee (or whatever you payed) it's a profit.

Even if you sold it for $1.00 more than reg fee. You still made out.....

zzz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks again for the information everybody.

lionheartk

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to test a domain for a few days and if its not profitable you just drop it and dont have to pay for it?

zzz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you use Moniker, you have a 4 day grace period where you pay the ICANN fee only if you decide to delete it.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep, the ICANN fee being 25 cents, you can test and delete 27 names and only be charged 6.75 in ICANN fees. It sure as hell beats registering a name for 6.95 and then being stuck with it, traffic or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom