Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Norton/Symantec Problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have problems with their Norton? It is majorly screwing up my computer delaying program prompts by 10 seconds or more. I go to the site and the homepage is up, but all links to symantec are down for me for some reason. Is this a virus? My virtual memory was down reall low and it has shut down the Norton Auto-Protect....

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What year/version are you using?

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmm... I recently had 2002 Internet Security version & I used liveupdate & it made my mouse go screwey when loading webpages if I had the firewall on... figured it was caused by a recent update they must of done with one of the updates I got as it was happening on 2 computers... I went to the site to contact support but found out they no longer supported 2002 version so I upgraded to 2004.

Mouse problems went away.

Maybe you could contact their support if u have all the current updates?

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am going to try this now. It is weird, the Norton scan works but I can't get live update to work. When I run it from the desktop it cannot connect to the internet to get the updates. So I tried accessing it from the web, the Norton homepage comes up, but won't let at any links to symnatec from the web site. I just tried to access the site from my brothers PC and the Live Update comes right up and the site is working as well...but not on mine. I am trying uninstall the program and then do a reinstall to see what happens. Thanks for the links.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You need to renew your Live Update each year....just incase you didn't know that.

RMF

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My norton kicked out about a month ago.
something had disabled the drivers for norton.

uninstalled it, and ran Kaspersky's.....found "win32" virus hiding in windows media player files.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same hapened to me this week. Had to uninstall and bought/installed 04 version . all working now.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Using McAfee -I'm lovin' it :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom