Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Not Again!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:angry:

I was trying to catch a .ca that dropped and I had a bid in on Pool.com. I never received an email stating that it was going to auction. I checked the whois today and I see:

This domain was registered using the Pool.com backorder service.

What a farce. I am so sick of the way these drops work...

seanboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hear alot of bad things about Pool. What is their deal?

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not sure, this was a really nice domain, it was originally created in 98 and I really wanted a chance to grab it... I am contacting ther support to see what they say, this has happened to me in the past with these guys...
:tsk:

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, I would agree, they're system seems to have a number of flaws. The problem is, in any other industry, a company wouldn't be able to get away with such slow and poor customer service.

However the fact of the matter remains, is that they get results and hence, any of us who wants to dramatically improve our chances at a domain are still forced to use them.

nafti

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have never really had a problem with their customer support. I talked with Jamie (their email support dude) once on the phone and he is super nice. I've had a small mixup with them but nothing major. The think I would like changed is to see whom I am bidding against. Similar to Snapnames. I just know if I am in an auction with "pool_1481", I never win. He ALWAYS bids WAY more than most names should go for. His name is Sania Breton.

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My pet peeve is not being able to manage my domains online - hate having to email changes. And when they say they'll respond within 24-48 hours, count on it being as close to 48 as possible... Perhaps calling them for live tech support, as you did, would be the better route...

And yes, I've gone up against 1481 a few times... he's definitely got the deeper pockets...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom