Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Not allowed to use friend's computer for DNF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone has run into this situation or not, but have you ever logged into DNF at a friend's house that happens to also frequent DNF? I know it must be hard to regulate but this is getting ridiculous. I logged into DNF using my sister in law's computer at least 2 months ago, she is now into domaining and has created an account here. I guess the admins never expected any of us to meet or to get friends into the industry. I get a PM tonight asking why it appears that I have two accounts..even though we've been logged in at the same time? For the record..I have A LOT of better things to do then create a second account here.

Upvote 0

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Speak with Adam about this, your a reputable member here.

T

tekz999

"why it appears that I have two accounts." then explain to him in pm, like what you did in here lol :eek:k:

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey :)

Speaking as an ex-mod, there is a system here that recognizes duplicate accounts. The admins will PM you to see if there's a good explanation for it. You have to understand that they kill duplicate accounts for the right reasons ;)

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
A while back, I got into it with a guy here on DNF from NY, I had his account temp banned, only to get into it with another guy from NY, who harassed me and who I suspect committed click fraud one of my PPC accounts, in which I lost a lot of money, it turns out these two were one of the same, aZooZa eventually exposed him and DNF terminated both accounts......I'm glad DNF is doing this, we need to rid ourselves of people like this who abuse the system.

If their's a logical explanation for the 2 accounts, I'm sure DNF will understand, especially when its a member with a good rep.

jazzpetals

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you are trying to log in at a friend's home who also frequents this board, you need to clear cookies prior to logging in...same with your friend if he happens to want to log in after you have logged out.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, you would indeed want to clear cookies, but as Beachie says, the Admins here are very hot on checking IPs. You might want to address any concerns to Scorpio.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I PM'd Scorpio last night with the explaination. I have also provided him with our telephone numbers in case he has any other questions. Thanks for all the suggestions.

I

impactadmin

Hey Rockefeller,

The pm is the first step to reviewing the issue. Your accounts were not banned and based on your rep it will not be banned.

Its a precautionary measure we take to find members using more then 1 account to scam other members.

While we do not want to accuse members, the system does it automatically with a light warning until we investigate.

If you have any questions let us know, but thanks for the quick explanation from everyone here in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom