Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Not running a legit copy of a various Windows Product?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeRyder

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
ok, I am very pro Microsoft.. but offer this as advice to those who.. may not have everything on your PC as legit like office or whatnot...

TURN OFF AUTO UPDATES and manually update.

There are two new updates on Microsoft today and one is a thingy that will make sure your system isn't running "unlicensed" copies of Microsoft products. You do not have to download it, though it is listed as a Urgent update.

A second word of advice, you gotta pay to play, and stealing from Microsoft only hurts us all by stealing developement monies for future products.

Windows Genuine Advantage Notification (KB905474)
The Windows Genuine Advantage Notification tool notifies you if your copy of Windows is not genuine. If your system is found to be a non-genuine, the tool will help you obtain a licensed copy of Windows

Domain Days 2024

Greg-J

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Kind of contradictory post isn't it?

I do dislike shady business tactics though. And this is just shady.

LeeRyder

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
well, maybe contradictory..but my thoughts are more that I can understand some people cannot afford all the products, but have legitimate need for them... and to them I can sympathize. I don't like stealing... but it's like the old example "prosecute the woman stealing bread for her children?", to me.. computers are such an integral part of life that... sometimes the importance outweighs the "theft" itself.

I dont consider what Microsoft is doing as "shady", they have a business and have every right in the world to protect themselves and their products. Stealing is still stealing.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So you like Microsoft, but are trying to help the people who are stealing their products...

LeeRyder

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
tell me what part of my above post you didn't understand and I will be happy to redefine it for you

commandercody

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That was part of the meeting with the Chinese president about piracy running rampid across the east. Guess it's time to narrow the deficit a tiny bit, or I'll just trade you 4 shirts, a pair of shoes, a hat, and a DVD player for a copy of win XP. If they are going to "bust" all of these people does that mean bill gates is going to lower the price of windows, NOT!

MrDude

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I seen this in updates a few days ago and decided to ignore it and not install, Not because im scared of being blocked, Out of principle, I am happy with my windows licence but not with the software, I mean in my opinion its not worth what I paid, on my next monthly format I wont be using my copy, rather linux will be being installed primarily as opposed to dual boot I have right now.

Thanks for the warning though!

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BTW, anybody using Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, gee, no antivirus. I upgraded my OS yesterday and can't obtain a copy of antivirus software. There are also some issues with my drivers which i had to download from the internet because the CDs don't have 64-bit versions. However, I find it much faster than the 32-bit version.

Windows isn't too expensive, I bought mine for $139 from newegg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom