Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Now affiliate links allowed in sigs now???

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just noticed someone edited my sig & removed my link with my affiliate code in it for GoldKey..... WTF!?!?

I know affiliate links aren't allowed in posts but they have always been allowed in signature links.. I have had affiliate links in my sig for about 8 months now & I know dozens of others do also....

So....... :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Upvote 0

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They have never been allowed, and it's hard to catch all the sigs using it. See the "Rules" page. Thanks

domaintalk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think they are not allowed on any forums because everyone complains about them.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry but that's just stupid.... no-one is forced to read peoples sigs; if people wanna look & click then good for them.

I understand why they aren't allowed in posts; because then when people ask for recommodations on places that will affect what people may say so they can make a buck.... but sigs are different & people understand that.

You could at least allow it for platinum members.... meh, why am I bothering, doubt this post will change a thing! :rolleyes:

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sorry, but ImpactAdmin also told me the same: no affiliate links in sig. We requested them in Exclusive, and it was a no go, so why allow them for Platinum members? Oh well. BTW Gold Key has been doing real well for me.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Frankly... I think they should be allowed for anyone; me asking them just for Plats ws just an idea.

There is no reason why they shouldn't be allowed; seems more like a "because we can" stance to me.. :rolleyes:

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Encourages sig-whoring, where folks post only to get exposure for their signatures.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GeorgeK said:
Encourages sig-whoring, where folks post only to get exposure for their signatures.

a sig-hoe?

any sig-pimps out there :)

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cyphix said:
seems more like a "because we can" stance to me..
Nope, we don't operate like that.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
iIndo said:
my sigs was removed without sending me a warning. It wasn't affiliate at all.. it's just a way to track the banner click :(
I can track it for you through software i have on my site. I can install it on yours too and then it is your own domain you are linking to.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's still doing that, but now it has a big X instead of a pic, did the place that you were hosting the img go down>?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
iIndo, not sure what happened to your image, try re-uploading.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Duncan said:
It would just make this forum a very trashy place, with all these affiliate links.
I agree with you if they were allowed in posts; but don't agree it would if they were allowed in sigs.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes.. I have thought of doing that... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom