Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Now what kind of scam is this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just received this email i am pretty sure its some kind of scam but what are they looking for here ?

Dear Sir/Madam

I'm sorry to disturb you so abrupt. We are a domain name registration service company in Asia,

On 3th June. we received a formal application submitted by Mr. John Wang who wanted to use the keyword "ehsanahmad" to register the Internet Brand and with suffix such as .cn /.com.cn /.net.cn/.hk/.asia/ domain names.
After our initial examination, we found that these domain names to be applied for registration are same as your domain name and trademark. We aren't sure whether you have any relation with him. Because these domain names would produce possible dispute, now we have hold down his registration, but if we do not get your company's an reply in the next 5 working days, we will approve his application

As authorized anti-cybersquatting organization we hereby suspect Mr. John Wang is a domain investor. so we need you to attach importance to this issue.

In order to handle this issue better, Please contact us by Fax ,Telephone or Email as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely         2010-6-4
Aimee
Oversea Marketing Manager
-------------------------------------------
Room 1008,
International Building,
No.38 YueLong road,NanTong City
Tel:+86(513)85330968
Fax:+86(513)80260081
Email:[email protected]

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
They want to sell you the .cn

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
oh right got it ! thanks acro :) been away from domains for a long time lost the touch lol

TopWebNames

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nothing to be concerned about at all. I've been getting these for a couple of years or so... maybe longer. They either are being verrry careful, or much more likely it's a ploy to get domain holders to reply and register the .cn version of their name.

TopWebNames

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are several that have been around for quite some time. Most of them are from scammers/spammers who send emails to domain registrant in a whois list claiming that they want to buy your domain name, include a suggested price range, but require that you send them a certified appraisal from one of the 2 or more often 3 "appraisal services" that they list in the spam. One of them is always a known name with a pricey appraisal service, and 1 or 2 are their bogus appraisal services that they hope you use. You pay for their appriasal service, send the appraisal to them, and never hear from them again... of course.

The dead giveaway for me is because I have a few thousand names, so when they do a run I always get several of them at about the same time, all in domain name alphabetical order!

First time ever i have got a scam mail that is domain related !

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Most likely they don't even own the .cn right now, they're just waiting on your feedback to indicate interest. Ignore them.

TopWebNames

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's for sure! Thanks Acro... I forgot to include this.

Most likely they don't even own the .cn right now, they're just waiting on your feedback to indicate interest. Ignore them.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They simply trying to increase their registration numbers. I get their emails all the time. Simply put them into the spam folder.

demaxxus

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I love when they do that :) I'm still waiting for one to come through that I actually want, so I can send back, "Thanks for letting me know that domain was available, as I just registered it. I really appreciate you doing the leg work for me, so if you come across any other available domains that you think I might be interested in please let me know. *hugs*"

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom