Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I want to try to sell a few domains, but before even attempting to, I want to know more about this biz. I see I have alot of reading to do on this site alone!

First off, how important is the registrar that you use? Is it okay to have all your eggs in one basket? or do you spread domains around with many different registrars?

How important is anonimity in this biz? Does it matter whether your whois is public?

With sites like moniker, is it easier to sell a name that is already registered with them, or it doesn't matter?

What about domain scams? How do you avoid them? Is using the services of Mokiner.com and an escrow service to sell a domain 100% secure from scam?

Thanks,
Plasma

Fatbat

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I want to try to sell a few domains, but before even attempting to, I want to know more about this biz. I see I have alot of reading to do on this site alone!

First off, how important is the registrar that you use? Is it okay to have all your eggs in one basket? or do you spread domains around with many different registrars?

I prefer one registrar and have all my domains in one place. There isn't a single registrar that someone doesn't speak badly about. That being said, there are some that are better than others.

How important is anonimity in this biz? Does it matter whether your whois is public?

I don't think so. How are you ever going to make a sale if no one can contact you? My whois are 99% public. The other 1% are to mask certain servers, but I'm sure that a resourceful person would be able to figure it out.

With sites like moniker, is it easier to sell a name that is already registered with them, or it doesn't matter?

I don't think it matters.

What about domain scams? How do you avoid them? Is using the services of Mokiner.com and an escrow service to sell a domain 100% secure from scam?

Nothing is a sure thing or 100% secure from a scam. You always have to be on guard.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

.ws names Dynadot has pretty decent prices.

I use Moniker for the rest. Others swear Dynadot is good too. I have not used them but have been looking at them to possibly use instead of Godaddy for a few of my ccTLD's

Moniker charges $1/yr per domain for privacy protection. Depending on the amount of domains you have, this may be the option for you. For me, I went and registered a P.O. Box and use that for my whois address. I am not concerned with people contacting me by mail regarding domains; therefore, I check it once a month. The majority of the time I get junk mail. Your email is the main method they will contact you, and then it comes to your phone#. Just buy a prepaid phone if you do not want to list your house phone, or use your cellphone #.

It doesnt matter. Anyone can sign up for a free Moniker account if they do not already have one.

Thanks,
Plasma

Moniker escrow (although I have not used it) seems pretty secure. I would use it over other escrow services b/c they hold the domain and cash and then hand each over to the other party. Depending on the reputation of the buyers Paypal is also an option. It depends on factors such as sale price, reputation of buyer, etc. as to what method to use.

I hope this helps. Best of luck with the biz. It is a lot of fun. If you have any other questions just ask. The members on this forum will gladly answer your questions (given you do not post 50 threads a day asking them and try and use the Search function to try and find them first.) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom