Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Now why didn't I think of this???

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mole

...man, and you thought Internet addressing was more than confusing already...

pavsta

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lol, this is only the start of the WWIAC (world.wide.internet.address.confusion)

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mail3K.com said:
wow! And 50 MILLION!
I need to reg ((SEX)).com
The same guy already did. :-D

fryman04

Master of the cave
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This guy isn't really selling those domains. What these pathetic little creatures do is use the great amount of visitors that go to ebay to bring some traffic to their crappy sites. If you notice, there is a link to some fiveneoi.com website. So, this guy thinks "well, it would cost less to bring traffic to my site using ebay than using adwords or some other similar way, so I'll try that".

This is a traffic "tip" that has been propagated in all kind of forums, and newbies think it is great advice, when all they are really getting is totally untargeted visitors that hit the back button as soon as they get there.

You can see many newbies using this at ebay, for example, take a look at this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46687&item=5720333355&rd=1

This poor loser doesn't even know how to spell... and he is hoping that people will click on his link, and then click on one of the ads on the page.

Pathetic, I know, but newbies think this is a great and cheap way to bring traffic to their sites.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how interesting... that is a new one to me

thanks for the insight - that actually explains a lot!

madcamel

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Posting an auction on ebay with such a high starting price costs a LOT of money. Not sure it's worth the traffic you'll get. And if you put a lower starting price, less people will look at your auction page.

madcamel

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Woops
Why did I remember the maximum insertion fee can reach $1000 ?

iNV

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info :) Learned something new today.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fryman04 said:
This guy isn't really selling those domains. What these pathetic little creatures do is use the great amount of visitors that go to ebay to bring some traffic to their crappy sites. If you notice, there is a link to some fiveneoi.com website. So, this guy thinks "well, it would cost less to bring traffic to my site using ebay than using adwords or some other similar way, so I'll try that".

This is a traffic "tip" that has been propagated in all kind of forums, and newbies think it is great advice, when all they are really getting is totally untargeted visitors that hit the back button as soon as they get there.

You can see many newbies using this at ebay, for example, take a look at this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46687&item=5720333355&rd=1

This poor loser doesn't even know how to spell... and he is hoping that people will click on his link, and then click on one of the ads on the page.

Pathetic, I know, but newbies think this is a great and cheap way to bring traffic to their sites.
Looks like netsol would be making the money, not the domain owner (in this case).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom