Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

NS problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a problem with a domain.

I've used my own NS and DNS in the past weeks and the name without the "www." in front is not resolving properly. So I was thinking I have to add a new NS record without the "www." in front. When I've tried to create that new name server I receive the message: "Failed to retrieve a Domain from database. Acct:***** Domain:COM.COM Log:Domain Not Found", so it seems I am not allowed to add a name server without the "www." in front.

After I've seen that, I've emailed your support department and they told the following "To change the IP address for a domain, log into your account and click on the My Domain tab. Then choose your domain and click on the IP tab. Click on your domain name again, and then replace the IP addresses shown with your IP information and click save. It may take between 12-24 hours for the change to take effect."

So, I've went on that "IP" tab and added the required IPs in the Zone Management. After doing that, it seems your system moves my DNS to Moniker's DNS automatically. I've moved them back to my DNS and your system moves them back to your DNS (NS1.DOMAINSERVICE.COM etc.) whenever they are changed.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Andrei

P.S. Bari, I've sent you a detailed PM.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First you need to decide if you want to use your own NS or Moniker's. If you want to use your own the proper records must be added on your end. Normally you use a CNAME record to map www.domain.com to domain.com

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In order to use zone records at Moniker (i.e. point the domain to a specific IP address), the nameservers must be set to Moniker nameservers.

The problem is almost solved, thanks to Bari, Carla and David.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom