Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.nu domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is the general consensus on .nu domains?
Would you reg one?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
clemzonguy said:
I have registered one. It was $50 for two years

I have one dot-NU name and it costs $60-2 yrs to renew. Several negatives including that high $30/yr price, plus an odd extra income fee they impose of $10 each time you want to change nameservers (if you don't pay you can't change NS - not sure that is even legal?), and a very costly and unusual fee of $150 to change the registrants name!

I would advise you to stay away from .NU names. The only reason I will be renewing my sole name is it's a developed site and gets a bit of traffic, some from Scandanavia I am sure as NU has meaning there. If not I would drop it without hesitation.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow!
Its true that patience pays off I guess.
I have quite a few .nu names in my cart at enom and i was ready to go ahead and buy them since I didnt get a reply to this thread.
I just checked and i see the replies.
My biggest worry is if it costs to change nameservers.
Does anyone know positively for sure if this is the case at Enom?
It doesnt say anything about this.
The $50 price is expensive (but it is for 2 years), and the name is catchy with some domains especially that are not available anywhere else and you need to develop.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Honestly I think $10 is a very small price to pay for a quality website. How often would you really need to change nameservers anyways? I do not think that ENOM charges this as I remember setting my nameservers after I purchased the domain and not during the checkout process. At these prices speculation doesn't seem affordable therefore I would only recommend buying if you are serious about development....which is the case with the SINGLE domains I have bought for this TLD.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, the domains I am buying for .nu are all for development.
However, in the event I need to change servers (I do this for testing reasons on various platforms), paying $10 for *each* domain each time, could be a problem and something to consider.
Still, enom has nothing on that, so maybe it is just some other registrars that do this?

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Enoms reply:

No, there are no charges or anything other then the TLD reg cost.

ToBad

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.Nu means "now" in swedish, danish, danish and dutch.

But your domain will be wortless if you don't have an well known name in front of it.

I have some realy good name but my type-in traffic suks, so I will stay away from .nu
if you don't planing to open a site in scandinavian languages.

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The success of .nu was based on the strict registration policies of native country codes in nations that ToBad mentioned. Now after almost all of them have relaxed the rules - I can see a quite dim future for the domain. Why register it when you can get a .se for the same price and without the old requirement of having an identical business name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom