Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Number of posts changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had over 2000 posts credited to my name, after buying a lottery ticket for 100 dnbucks , my posts quantity went down,
why?

Upvote 0
M

mole

It's nothing to do with your participation in the lottery, biggie. Your posts were deleted if a thread was deleted, particularly in the Advertising forum. I'm significantly down also, but then they don't call me yabber mole for nothing. :evil:

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I feel that should be changed.

Subtracting one's quantity of posts reduces the virtual effect of forum seniority. It shows that a particular member has sustained a period of longevity and contributions to this virtual community.

It would be a good move to adjust this application.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's the way it works. Nothing is malfunctioning.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, that's the way it works. The number of post reflected in your profile is the number of posts you have on the forum.

If a post is deleted, the number will go down by 1.

That's how the software works, what's the big deal anyway? I don't see an issue here.

Thanks.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GiantDomains
I don't see an issue here.

Thanks.

That's because you have over 3,000 posts!
Someone trying to get to 1000 for certain options on the forum might not see it the same way.
:)

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What do you need 1000 posts for? You can buy an avatar at any time. :D

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GiantDomains
Yes, that's the way it works. The number of post reflected in your profile is the number of posts you have on the forum.

If a post is deleted, the number will go down by 1.

That's how the software works, what's the big deal anyway? I don't see an issue here.

Thanks.

That's part of the problem. that members feelings about a particular subject are "no big deal".

It's deletes the number of contributions to threads,which is quantitively related to the amount of time I have spent at this forum.

That's a big deal to me,my time. If you don't view the time I spend at this forum as valuable, then there are serious problems with your way of thinking.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From an earlier thread re avatars:

"Yup, unless you have 1000 posts, then you can change it anytime. Or you could go Platinum, and change it at will."

(Now bows out of discussion which is becoming too intense)
:cool:

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by biggedon

That's part of the problem. that members feelings about a particular subject are "no big deal".

It's deletes the number of contributions to threads,which is quantitively related to the amount of time I have spent at this forum.

That's a big deal to me,my time. If you don't view the time I spend at this forum as valuable, then there are serious problems with your way of thinking.

You are making a big deal out of nothing.

All forums perform "pruning". Just ask around.

It has nothing to do with your membership, we can see you have been a member since September, 2002.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FYI, the only forums that were pruned were the advertising forums.

ie: sales threads that were over 30 days old.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Webname
Someone trying to get to 1000 for certain options on the forum might not see it the same way.
I SHOULD HAVE got more than 1,000 posts by now if not for the new, regular pruning. I guess I'll post less to the advertising forum. But then I don't think I even take a look at which forum a thread is on before posting as I usually click on (I actually bookmark) the "View New Posts" link. :depressed

I look forward to changing my avatar (not just once but whenver I want to reflect my mood :D ).

sornman

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually, the changing an avatar whenever you want after 1000 posts is a bug and it is looking to be resolved.

M

mole

Originally posted by sornman
Actually, the changing an avatar whenever you want after 1000 posts is a bug and it is looking to be resolved.

:eek:

DrWho

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Let the truth be known? :eek:

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Eek! :eek: Those who have been taking advantage of this to switch avatar whenever you want better quickly choose one for good before the administrators fix the "problem"! Or else, you'll be stuck with a silly avatar of the week. LOL! :D :laugh:

But then I'll lose yet another incentive to post ... :rolleyes:

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He means that the bug is having to wait for 1000 posts :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom