Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Numerous bugs prevent buying one of Sedo's services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drop And Cover

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I decided to buy Sedo's appraisal service for a domain since apparently that is needed to sell above a certain amount. However, I discovered no less than 3 bugs in that one little form alone, and I am prevented from passing it unless I create a new Sedo account with an anglicized last name (which I don't want to risk in case it doesn't fly with the bureaucracy or bank side of things).

Sedo said:
Please note

Unfortunately your entry contained errors.
You have entered an invalid lastname.

Please correct your input.

1) My last name contains a nordic character, which is not invalid if you decide to do business with people from this corner of the world. And even if I wanted to edit it out so your coders don't have to bother with proper UTF-8 support, the 2) last name field can't actually be edited as advised.

3) The form asks for a comment about the domain, indicated to mean traffic stats and so on. But a javascript warns me that the character limit is 10. What is this, Twitter God Mode?

So that's 49.00 $US and a 10% premium domain broker fee you won't see because you outsourced to India, I guess.

Drop And Cover

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sure is hard to sell domains these days, 2 more bugs.

Can't set a minimum offer manually (entered amount which is lower than appraisal, is not saved in spite of checking the domain and hitting "save marked changes"), and if I click to add Sedo's own appraisal I get this popup instead of follow-through.

mydomainisworthblank.gif

S

SedoCoUk

Good morning,

Your issue has been forwarded on to our Product Management Team for review. If you have any other issues with the interface please contact our Customer Support Team via http://support.sedo.com.

Thanks!

Lisa

Drop And Cover

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for setting the price manually for me, but it managed to reset itself to 0 again. Don't worry about it. However I'm still waiting for an explanation of why I haven't been notified of an offer higher than what I'm willing to take (per my last screenshot). For all I know I could be getting offers right now that aren't coming through because of yet another Sedo bug.

Found further issues: Domains accepted and added to my portfolio were suddenly reversed a week later and removed from my portfolio. With subsequent e-mail spam asking me to send the registrar screenshots I had already sent and had had approved.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On a side note it's a shame the domain search feature still has bugs, for example it returns IDN even when they are excluded in search criteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom