Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Nutshell Steps to Develop a Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

rollandburn

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post, and my first attempt at monetizing domains. I wonder if there is a short list of generic steps to follow in order to determine if a domain is valuable. Currently I have the following names...

canadaflorist.com
onlinebouquet.com
canadagifts.com
webbouquet.com

A bit of background.

As of right now the above listed domains have been moved to my registrar, hosting set up, and Google analytics installed for each. I understand my options for 'unused' domain names to be: 1. domain parking, 2. redirect to affiliate programs, 3. domain resale. Since I have a fair bit of web development experience I wouldn't mind taking advantage of that and seeing what options there are if I actually 'used' the domains. To be honest I'm not sure if I should bother creating html pages next, or spend my time elsewhere.

Now I'm kind of stuck with what to do. If anyone could give me a brief overview of the process, their recommendations, anything... I'd really appreciate it. I did see the Appraisal forum but decided to come here first... I don't want to waste people's time appraising a domain that hasn't anything but a blank home page and zero traffic.

Thank You!

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

Hmm, i see a lot of others being advised to go direct to the appraisals forum. I'll do that now, but if anyone has advice on how to 'build' a domain up... lemme have it!

Thanks

rollandburn

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, I went to the appraisals forum and posted the domains only to come back today to find all but one of the posts deleted. I also got a message from some admin saying 'read the rules before posting 6 domains'. I did, and can't see any rule being broken. It certainly didn't help the guy couldn't take an extra second to say which rule I apparently broke. I've responded to him and not heard back on my question, Do I have to prove I own a domain before being allowed to post for appraisal? I don't recall reading that in the rules. What gives dnforum? Doesn't seem like a very courteous welcome.

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Maybe you posted more than one appraisal per 24 hours, list all of them in one post. But anyway welcome to the forum you will get some great info from here.

Jeroen

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wonder if there is a short list of generic steps to follow in order to determine if a domain is valuable. Currently I have the following names...

Try to get into Adam's 'Domain Name College'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom