Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

O.k Domain Detectives... I've got another one for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Reg'd www.smoker.ws yesterday from Godaddy. I then Immediately checked the registrar's whois... Everything shows the name was reg'd at Godaddy, but look at which registrar has their "coming soon" parked on my site. I have long since changed the DNS at godaddy to my ISPs, yet it doesn't get rid of it.

What gives?? I'm assuming this page has been there all along. The domain dropped (mysteriously) yesterday---one minute it was showing available, the next it was still in the "reserved/drop queue".

btw: If you come upon this thread and you get a "blank" page, then everything will have been fixed. Meanwhile, Register.com is holding my page hostage! :evil:

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you regged it yesterday and changed the nameservers, you have to wait for DNS to propogate .. up to 72 hours.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GiantDomains
If you regged it yesterday and changed the nameservers, you have to wait for DNS to propogate .. up to 72 hours.

I would normally agree with you, but it's never taken this long on a .ws name. If I had it parked at Godaddy, it would propagate with 12 hours. Likewise, if I pointed the domain at my ISP's nameservers.

Guess I'll just have to wait the full 72! :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom