Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Offers Obestatin.com, Ghrelin.com, and supporting names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domainate.com

Selling Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have you ever wanted to corner a huge worldwide market long after it's seemed possible? Sure, we all have...every single one of us would love to go back in time and get loads of top quality .com names and be a billionaire by now!

So...if you had the chance to corner a 50 billion dollar industry, you'd jump at the chance, right? Well, here it is...

The industry is weight loss. Thousands of diets, pills, exercise machines, etc. targetting the overweight, saying "we work!". The problem is, diets are impossible to stick by forever because they rely on giving up food that's pretty much addictive. Pills...well you tell me, if a pill worked, everyone would be taking it! Exercise is a great activity to get into, but it's so hard for just about anyone to stick with it. So what's the solution? Well, it may well lie in a hormone discovered late last year, something still years away from finding application but has shown incredible promise because, in biological terms, it IS what curbs appetite. The hormone is obestatin, and what it does is directly counteract the hormone in our bodies that causes hunger, ghrelin.

The first result you get when googling obestatin is a BBC article in which a UK expert insists that "the research (which discovered obestatin) would help enable scientists to fully control appetite within the next 5 to 10 years." Obviously that has some implications...I mean if the discovery of obestatin leads to controlling appetite, then obviously what will be the main factor in doing so WILL be obestatin. Now, there is something in that statement that probably turns some people off: "5 to 10 years". I don't know about you, but 10 years ago, if I was told that online poker was going to be a multi-billion dollar industry in 5 to 10 years, and I had the opportunity to get Poker.com...well, you get the picture.

Since it is only recently discovered and still needs to be thoroughly tested, the value in this group of names is in the future, although ghrelin IS fairly well-known already and as such Ghrelin.com is definitely worth something presently. Obviously, Obestatin.com is the one that stands to gain all the value in the future, and DOES have current value now as many scientists are buying obestatin for testing. Considering how scientists totally flipped when obestatin was discovered, it’s only a matter of time before obestatin is thoroughly tested and then developed into what will likely be the most popular weight-loss drug ever. Unlike other weight-loss substances that take a roundabout way to counter hunger and/or aid people in losing weight, a drug utilizing obestatin is pretty straightforward and blunt: Counteract the very substance in your body that causes hunger.

Anyhow, this group includes several potential drug names for a drug using obestatin with eyes toward the future:

PRIMARY NAMES

Obestatin.com
Obestatin.cn (never hurts when over a billion people are in China)
Obestatin.in (ditto for India)
Obestatins.com (if several forms of obestatin are utilized for different purposes)
Ghrelin.com
Ghrelins.com (if several forms of ghrelin are utilized for different purposes)

POTENTIAL DRUG NAMES:

Obelean.com
Obestin.com
Obestop.com
Obestar.com
Obestil.com
Obestrol.com
Obesta.com

OTHER RELATED NAMES:

AntiGhrelin.com
BlockGhrelin.com
BlockingGhrelin.com
StoppingGhrelin.com
SuppressingGhrelin.com

I am currently contacting several large companies to find a suitable buyer for these names. I have already had offers for Obestatin.com up to high $30,000s (the highest was $38,000 from a friend of mine who has several contacts in labs and testing), and while I was at the time looking towards potential 6-figures in the future, I would take an offer close to that for that name. For the group as a whole, offers should be mid to high $xx,xxx. Keep in mind that since I am contacting several large companies, you may need to "beat the clock" to get these names...there's little that will surprise me in terms of offers I will get back from them. If I get an offer I like here and sell the names, and a company winds up getting back to me with an offer higher than I sold the names for, I will forward the offer to the new owner.

Please note that these names don't get enough traffic or revenue to speak of currently, so please don't bother asking. Too many people on here seem to think that a name must have traffic/revenue to be worth buying, and this group of names is precisely the opposite. This group of names is either for a long-term investment, or for someone intent on reselling the group to a large company that would stand to make the most of it, not for simply parking and hoping revenue will make the money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom