Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Obtaining a broker to purchase domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drivie

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I may be interested in purchasing domains through a broker. Is this something that happens often or is the broker usually employed by the seller of domains?

I'm fairly new to this but what I would like to do is obtain a broker and say, "I'm willing to spend $XX,XXX" on X number of domains WITH EXISTING TRAFFIC. They can be developed or not, parked, typos or whatever (would prefer not to mess with TM'd names). Is this a reasonable approach? Will this cost me something or is it standard procedure for the seller to pay brokerage fees?

I have located the Broker option on SEDO but it would seem that it is for domains which are not currently for sale. I'm more of the mindset that I don't care what the domains are as long as they are well established with a decent amount of traffic.

Am I attempting to take the lazy route here? Should I just spend all my time looking at the domains for sale on SEDO and make my own choices?

Advice and possible broker recommendations are greatly appreciated,

Drivie

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you can only be lazy in this game, AFTER you have a viable income stream.

i think you should spend more time learning about domains and domain quality, before you start investing in them.

and you definetly should care about what the domains are, because this can determine the longevity of the revenue and potential to resell them.

don't waste time with a broker, at least until you know the game....or you could get suckered!

imo...

drivie

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
biggedon,

Thank you for the response. You are probably right that I should continue my research. I've only been researching for about a month now but I do find it fascinating. I suppose my initial intent was/is to obtain 2 or 3 domains with a little bit of traffic and use them to experiment with as I tend to learn more easily by doing rather than reading.

I've registered some domains but of course they all pretty much suck. Starting from scratch is a bit of a daunting task if you don't have something solid in mind.

Thank you for the advice. I would appreciate any further advice with respect to forum threads or sites that contain key information regarding domains and domain quality.

Drivie

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I suggest you stay up on dnjournal's regular postings of recent domain sales

http://www.dnforum.com/f521/

and READ thru the domains wanted and domains for sale sections here.

hopefully you can get an idea of what is being sold and what buyers are looking for, including closing prices in most cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom