Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Odd offers on Sedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbdomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a domain currently listed on Sedo that I have had since 1998. Day before yesterday, I got a very low offer for it on Sedo. I responded that I wasn't interested in such a low price and gave an extremely high counter offer. I would have sent the response without a counter offer, but the Sedo form wouldn't send my response without it.

Yesterday, I got an offer from the same bidder for $1 more than the previous I turned down. I thanked him and declined, again with a high counter to make the point that the offer was too low.

Today, I got another offer for 12 times what the previous offers were from a different buyer.

This is the first interest expressed in the 2 years that it has been listed on Sedo, and all in 2 days.

I am wondering if anyone has noticed a similar pattern with domains they have sold on Sedo. Does Sedo have employees who bid on behalf of clients, and use Sedo's own system to do it? Could it be the same person with 2 different accounts?

Anyone have experiences with Sedo where the contracted buyer ended up not paying?

Thanks

Domain Days 2024

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dbdomains said:
Could it be the same person with 2 different accounts?
yeah, all you need is more than one email address. Since the offers came consecutively with no prior interest in 2 years..it's probably the same person.

dbdomains said:
Anyone have experiences with Sedo where the contracted buyer ended up not paying?
no...never...lol :wink:

pkguy

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes I have had a non paying buyer. It is very annoying when that happens.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sneakers.com said:
i had a non paying buyer at least twice :/ oh well lol
I was just being sarcastic Roy :)

I think we all have had offers that were just a lot of chaff..

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I won't say much at this point, other than I'm 4 days away from filing a lawsuit.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"I won't say much at this point, other than I'm 4 days away from filing a lawsuit."

It's about time.

dbdomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. I thought that that was the whole point of using Sedo and Afternic and the like.

Now I am curious as to the real value of the domain. It went from under $100 to over $1000 overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom