Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Offer Received...Bullshit many times

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
There is a thread in the auctions where the author has stated that there are three offers received. These offers are in excess of 10K for 33 names that I wouldn't register if they were $8.

There ought to be a way for an observer to verify these "Offers" occasionally, just to keep people honest. Maybe the "offeror" could forward the offer to a moderator. A person should be able to call this person out as a "Liar" as well, and if they are proven wrong then they suffer a penalty themselves. It seems to me that it is blatant fraud to say that offers have been received, when in fact, it is quite obvious that no "sane" person would make an offer of that amount.

One should be able to state "You ARE A LIAR" right in the thread unless the person offers some kind of proof, or a moderator verifies a "legitimate offer".

Upvote 0

mykel241

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To me the only way to truly moderate auctions is to have them in a true auction format where you see the name of the previous bidder as well as the current high bid.

Holding an auction in a forum thread is not a good practice and makes it very easy for someone to overstate both value and interest. Just my opinion.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry, mods will not try to detect lies about offers.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
A few times I put domains on appraisal while a sale was on-going. Several times, the appraisals were in the single/double digits. It's very satisfying to reveal later that they sold for 4 figures.

In other words, your taste might differ from that of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom