Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Offering partnership. Please read. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhopperger

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I know this is off topic, but I'll risk the flaming because I need to get in touch with one of the domain wizzards who hang out here. I need help!

While I absolutely love to hunt for good domain names, I am still very bad at classifying the domains I find. I need the help of an experienced domain hunter!

Here is my offer for a partnership:

1) I would hunt for names
2) send them to you via e-mail,
3) you give me a thumbs up on the best ones.
4) I register them at my own risk and try to sell them.

5) If I sell any, you get 50%-80% (whatever you like)
in exchange for your help.

I have hunted for domains during the last few months and collected about 5700 names in a textfile (all free at the moment I put them in) and it would be great so see if there is anything
worthwile in there. Here's the statistics:

a=1-3 characters lengh, b=4 characters, c=5
d=6-7, e=8-11, f= >11

.com a/0 b/137 c/164 d/610 e/1747 f/694

.net a/1 b/121 c/84 d/127 e/66 f/10

.org a/159 b/175 c/93 d/228 e/94 f/19

.info a/2 b/0 c/1 d/12 e/24 f/9

.us a/2 b/1 c/1 d/14 e/41 f/20

.com.cn a/5 b/3 c/1 d/4 e/2 f/0

.others a/1 b/3 c/67 d/118 e/133 f/150

.biz a/3 b/61 c/97 d/18 e/43 f/16

This is an honest offer. If you are at all interested,
please contact me! Thank you!

Reinhard

spietreser

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, looks like a no risk offer... interesting... but lotsofissues may be right, 80% of selling price is a bit high just for saying if a name is worthy of registration.

rhopperger

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If 50%-80% sounds unfair to myself you've got to try to see things from my view.

I have "invested" (read thrown out :) ) some over a thousand bucks in domains that I (wrongly) thought valuable, and have sold 0 domains so far. That's a 100% share of nothing :)

If somebody can help me learn the domain game so that I finally make this hobby of mine a profitable one, I'll gladly share a big chunk of the profits with him.

But if 80% is too high, we can always negotiate to go lower. After all I love to haggle (against myself). :) :)

Important to me is that the one I partner up with has some solid experience in the domain trade AND has sold a substantial amount of domains in his life (and if possible one or the other since the market toughened). That means, I need to learn from somebody who knows what he's doing.

Very thankful that you think about my offer!

Reinhard

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You put it very nicely Reinhard.
No, I am not the one who wants to take responsibility for your money even there is no risk for me.
However, I would be very interested in the results of your offer.
Please, keep this forum informed if you sell some names as outcome of such partnership.
Which names you bought, sold as well as the names of your advisors. They have to put at least some pride where their mouth is. Absolutely no offense here.

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
your partnership method is unfair to you.
maybe you can ask partnership with someone and share the budget for buying the names and then share when the names sold.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Interesting thread. What is your domain "niche"?? How many will be expected to be 'reviewed on a daily or weekly basis?
Will there exist a written contract ... or is this simply via the honor system?
Finally, I'd agree that YOUR percentage of the potential sale(s) seems rather low. PM me if you're interested in discussing further.
Good Luck.

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It might help to read the following excerpt from a recent post
noting my observations about apprsiasals/valuations as practiced today by (domain) industry "insiders":

"All of the above opinions are from folks who're "insiders" so to speak, meaning very much "in" domain business....and here we're also talking of ".coms" and not the new tlds where there are relatively drastically differing opinions as to their prospects and hence value. If we review the above opinions, as to what names are worth renewing, we'd see that its practically ranging from drop all of them to renew most of them, taking into account each individual opinion. So, the $64K Question is: What does it reflect in terms of all the appraisals and valuations that we do here? Is it afterall either a "gut feeling" type exercise or "subjective" opinions at best? Obviosuly, we're talking here of names that are in the "grey area", i.e. not totally/clearly crap and not like cars.com/hotels.com...!! Its also my observation that vast majority of the names put up for appraisals are either "crap" or decent but mediocre; rarely, one'd see a name put up for appraisal that's genuinely premium and actually belongs to the person putting it up for valuation. An argument can thus be made that if this is the situation with .Coms then one can expect the same fate with names in new tlds in future....i.e. genuine keyword names commanding high valuations and decent but mediocre names having inconsistent valuations and hence unpredictable re-sale potential."

Here's the thread:

http://dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17485&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

My own opinion, therefore, is that as far as we are talking about other than truly "prime" keyword names there's no such thing as consesus even among those who'd be considered as "insiders" in this domain business.

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Exactly DryHeat.
Even with premium names there would be no concensus, except among those who follows some set of rules dated a few years
back.

Mole put it in a right way:
"Which begs the debate about the power of keywords and natural type- ins. "

I would slightly correct that saying it is about SE and type-ins and there shouldn't be any debate about that, there are cold facts supporting such a view.
Even more, natural type-ins are mostly product of old internet users' habits (proned toward ".com") and that habits must decline and dissappear due to many factors. When? I can't say that.
What remains is SE and links, with different rules than before.
The time is already here, altough many don't see it, when the actual product have its price, regardless of its name.
In other words the new rule rules: "Con.tent is the king."

Of course, there would always be collectors, with their inside rules and prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom