Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

offers section

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
why is there an offers section- why?
we have a fixed, and an auction section- why is there an offers section?

Upvote 0

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think because at the auction you are obligated to sell the name.
And I understand that probably a lot do not want to take the risk to sell for peanuts.
An auction only works well when there is a lot of potential buyers for the name to sell.
Look what is happening with SEDO, some dummies are putting their names at auction as soon they get an offer. Finnaly they sold under the amount it should be sold to the good buyer or after a good negotiation.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Offers are open so that people can ridicule themselves when they lowball.

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think because at the auction you are obligated to sell the name.
And I understand that probably a lot do not want to take the risk to sell for peanuts.
An auction only works well when there is a lot of potential buyers for the name to sell.
Look what is happening with SEDO, some dummies are putting their names at auction as soon they get an offer. Finnaly they sold under the amount it should be sold to the good buyer or after a good negotiation.

I think because at the auction you are obligated to sell the name. unless i am mistaken, i thought was what we were all actually trying to achieve-selling the name

you do not have to get peanuts during an auction- everyone has a bin in mind- start at the bin, and you will never get peanuts, will you. if you are going to bin in the offers section, you can bin in the auction section.

that goes as well for an offer- so i do not understand this one- if the auctions replaced the offers section, then you would have the same amount of buyers as you started with-

so- i still do not understand why we have an offers section :undecided:

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do not know the rules of the auction section at DNForum.
But if you are obligated to sell the name once put at auction, even if the auction does not reach the desired reserve then I understand people may not want to take the risk.
I hope my thoughts are more clear now.

Something that also may happen is the following:
Someone do not really want to sell his name now for any reason but he would like to know what is the market interest so he post in the want offers section.

Also as I said:
Often you makes more money with a good negotiation then through an auction, and I confirm with the SEDO auction experience.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Auction: start & end time with other info: minimum increment.

Offer: There is starting time but no ending time.

Don't complain. The more forums the better.

How is your deck coming?

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Francois, you are not obligated to sell if it does not reach reserve- that is what a reserve is for- so you never have to get short-changed in an auction-

second- putting your domain in the offers section is placing it up for sale- "testing" the market in there is a rotten thing to do- it wastes alot of peoples time if you are just baiting everyone-

i understand what you are trying to say Francois, but, you can do just about the exact same thing in auction as you can in offers-

johnn-
my driveway is full of wood- holes are being dug on saturday and then i can drop the posts- all 30 of them --groan--

i dont agree tho the more forums the better- you have buyers spread out all over the place- missing good names here and there i am sure- you wanna have more fun forums, go for it- but for selling- dont you think it would concentrate the sales better?

needed to edit this- i am not complaining :) i honestly just want to know-

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But in this case - we have enough - no more or less: fixed , auction and offers.

We should leave the way it is now.

Back to the deck. 30 holes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the DECK!!!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
When placing a domain in the Offers section, a seller is soliciting offers. Simple as that. They are not in an obligation to sell, there is no fixed price - anything goes. It's the happy medium between a fixed price sale (which itself ends up getting discounted most often) and an auction (which requires closure once a reserve is met or deadline reached).

It's the equivalent to getting offers for 3 dates (Bachelorette #1, 2 and 3) and picking the one with the best ass-ets :D

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1500 square feet- gonna take weeks to build ;-(
i'll find the time in between waiting for offers to finally end in the offers section :sleep:

acro- see ok, that explains it different- on the forum itself it says: This forum is for the sale of domain names without a fixed price. i assumed you were supposed to sell in there, not just look for pitched offers. now i understand it is more of an area to carrot hang names-

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When you ask for pricing in the "appraisal" section you not allways get accurate responses...

When the guy post a "request offers" he really get what forum users are willing to pay.

It's different to give a price for the fun and spend the money to acquire a name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom