Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Oh my god! Diamond.com Shines Bright After Selling for $7.5 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

t10host.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh my god! Diamond.com Shines Bright After Selling for $7.5 Million

by Ron Jackson
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NAV.no's unlikely stay at the top of our Year-To-Date sales chart was short-lived. The Norwegian domain soared past all of the 2006 competition after going for $717,978 last week, but just seven days later a new king has ascended the throne. Selling for more than ten times the amount NAV.no brought, Diamond.com attracted $7.5 million in a private sale that ranks among the biggest domain deals of all time.
Online diamond and jewelry retailer Ice.com bought the domain from Odimo Inc. and both parties agreed that the $7.5 million was for the domain name and associated intellectual property only. Ice.com paid another $2 million for Odimo's jewelry inventory.

In another blockbuster sale completed this week, Sex.net changed hands for $454,500 in the biggest .net transaction ever reported. That domain was among the first group of sales completed after the live domain auction at the T.R.A.F.F.I.C. West conference last week in Las Vegas. We don't chart sales until payments have been received and domains transferred to their new owners. Five of the auction transactions that were completed this week made it onto our new Top 20 chart. You'll see Moniker.com, who conducted the auction, and T.R.A.F.F.I.C. jointly credited as the venue for those sales. You might also notice the final prices buyers paid for the auction domains were slightly higher than the high bid prices due to the escrow fees that were built into the amount due at closing.

It's not often that a six-figure sale finishes in third place but it happened this week with Base.com having to settle for the bronze medal despite commanding $110,012 in a private sale. Buyer Markus Schnermann of KeywordDomains.com finally secured the domain after five months of negotiations. Moniker was back at #4, this time with a domain sold through their sister sales site DomainSystems.com. That was PlaceBets.com which raked in a sweet $60,000 pot.

SnapNames.com rounded out the top five with the first of six domains they placed on the Big Board, PsychicReading.com at $56,749. They also had #6 GolfClubReview.com just a step behind at $55,350. .Com dominated the leader board, taking 17 of the 20 positions. .Net claimed two and a one-letter country code domain, D.md, sold at Afternic.com for $10,000, was the only ccTLD on the all-extension list this week. .md is the country code for Moldova but it is being marketed as an extension for doctors and the medical profession.

http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

t10host.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing out my fault

March2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am curious as to how the transfer of large amounts of money take place in deals such as this.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
March2005 said:
I am curious as to how the transfer of large amounts of money take place in deals such as this.

Small unmarked non-sequential bills at a designated drop spot :bandit:

I know nuffin.

-Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom