Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

OK, I'm missing something here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric Star

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I suppose that Fabulous is a great place to do business, and I suppose it's because the people who see at as great have a lot of domains.

My story: I had four domains that I purchased pushed to me recently to a Fabulous account that I had just created. I had plans for two of them, to point them to sites I was putting up. It appears (despite what the help section says) that I can change the nameservers, but that there is no way to get to where I can change the DNS info. Well, that won't help me, so I went with what I knew.

Easy solution. I just went ahead and transferred them to my GoDaddy-reseller account. My sites are there too, and I know that I can control the DNS from there. Two of the names transferred successfully.

On the other two names, when I clicked on the "transfer" button, the following message came up: ERROR · Domain transferred less than 60 days.
OK, so I can't change the DNS, and I can't transfer the domains for some period of time up to 60 days. (I can't figure out where to find that info, either). Fortunately, even though one of these domains was one that I had plans for, it isn't that important. I can wait.

In the meantime, I don't see what is so great about Fabulous. Yes, I have the retail account. Since I'm getting started and am at only about 25 domains so far, spread out in 4 accounts, I'm not "big time" yet by any definition.

I believe that Fabulous must be great, if nothing else, because some respected people here say so. But my question is, is it not great for me because I'm still a small-time player, or is it because I've missed something important?

I'm tempted to get out as soon as possible. If I'm just missing something, I have no reason to transfer. What am I doing wrong?

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is the difference between nameserver and DNS?

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you need to add/create a "dns profile", then you can select this profile for your domain.

Mike Robertson

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Electric Star,

Please contact the Support team with your username and request they give you access to the Manage DNS features. Please reference this forum post.

Also, if you would still like to transfer the domain out, let them know the domain and they should be able to waive the 60 transfer lock.

Let me know if you have any other issues.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

Electric Star

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your kindness. I am in no real hurry to move any domains anywhere, so they will stay for now. I just felt a little boxed-in not really being able to do anything with them. I'm taken care of now. No worries!

I see my needs potentially changing as I move from holding domains while I build sites for end-users to owning more domains to hold or sell them. At that time, I see where Fabulous can provide super service to me. But for now, I can see where some people see Fabulous as a wonderful registrar, while others are puzzled as to what is going on. I'm not complaining, and I do clearly see your business model here. It is just that the model is very favourable to those holding a lot of domains (as reflected in their glowing comments) and not-so-nice for those of us building the business.

Thank you very much. I am impressed with your service, and I am im pressed with your reputation. When the time is right, I'll be back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom