Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

appraise Okay, I'll give it another go. Bestiphoneprice.com

This thread is an appraisal of the domain name requested.

Jordan P

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am super new to this and would kindly appreciate a little bit of advice. I have the domain, "Bestiphoneprice.com," and would like to receive any feedback as to how much you guys think it's worth. I should just invest in a monthly account to get it appraised but I thought I would turn to the community first, rather than a computer.

greg2013

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I personally don't think it's particularly brandable. In this case plural would likely have been better as surely there are priceS and not just one single best iPhone price? That would be a really bad website - with just one phone and one price ;)

In fact, "bestiphoneprices.com" is available to register, so if I liked yours I'd probably just buy the plural for $10 as I feel it's better, making yours worth at most $10. I advise you don't go and register the plural version, let this one expire and buy something more meaningful and sellable.

Some people may prefer the singular in this case, but I don't think it works as the domain would be used to sell phones and so there would be prices.

Have a think about the potential market, phone shops sell various phones, HTC, Nokia etc etc, so a site selling iphone's only, while very possible, is a niche and niche means a low end user market to sell to. For example, consider instead "BestMobilePrices.com", a much better domain in my opinion, and it's registered and sat for sale (ie no-one has bought it/used it).

I'm not saying someone won't want to buy your domain, but it's not a brilliant combination of words and the end meaning is also not ideal. Finding an end user will be tough given it's limited usage, and I doubt you'll get more than low $xxx after even a year or more including with some legwork, more likely it'll expire or best you will sell to another domainer for $xx.

Do some reading around the forum and other places about domaining, and importantly read sites which show sales, like NameBio and DNJournal as this shows you what actually sells.

Good luck :)

Jordan P

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thank you Greg, appreciate your time and advice my man. I couldn't agree more with your words expressed above.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom