Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Okay, now I'm confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There seems to be a "Domain Trademark Discussion" forum now.

Is this somehow distinct from "legal issues"?

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The "Domain Trademark Discussion" forum is apparently for those people who want to pay lots of money to take part in it.

"Legal issues" would be for the rest of us.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jberryhill

Considering your demonstrated expertise, what hope have the rest of us got , if you are confused?

Maybe if you have a nice cup of tea and a lie down, the feeling will go away and you can return to helping out

lotsofissues

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

The administration will allow me to post non-domain frivolous threads in legal issues then? :-D

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

It will be very interesting, as the attorneys that post here would not be allowed to post there as they are not "Exclusive". Maybe some cowboy can run things there...

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr Berryhill, fear not, it may well yet be that you are "Called to The Bar".
As always and despite any little "pokes" the members appreciate the input from the "legal eagles" - they are the butt of our jokes when we don't need them ... but oh boy, when we do!

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So will our lawyer members be upgraded to exclusive?

If so what do we lowly platinums and under do?

Will we get access to the exclusive legal area too? Since, obviously people won't post in 2 separate areas.

Just curious

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izoot
So will our lawyer members be upgraded to exclusive?

If so what do we lowly platinums and under do?

Will we get access to the exclusive legal area too? Since, obviously people won't post in 2 separate areas.

Just curious

Zoot - glad you too picked up on that ... Thought maybe it was just me, seeing the DNF caste system. We were told many times that the platinums would not lose anything - but this is a perfect example of the opposite.

Us lowly folks need to stick together (and remember that the attorneys are "Gold" at this point...)

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by LewR

We were told many times that the platinums would not lose anything - but this is a perfect example of the opposite.

No! it's a perfect example of jumping to conclusions!
We, (yes I'm Plat too!), have been assured that nothing will be taken away from us and "Exclusive" will be about "extra features".
Giving extra features to some does not mean taking features away from others - repeat ... NOTHING IS BEING TAKEN AWAY!

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Webname

No! it's a perfect example of jumping to conclusions!
We, (yes I'm Plat too!), have been assured that nothing will be taken away from us and "Exclusive" will be about "extra features".
Giving extra features to some does not mean taking features away from others - repeat ... NOTHING IS BEING TAKEN AWAY!

So the attorneys are NOT being made exlusive members? (ergo - not permitted to post in the TM area of the exclusive forums?)

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by LewR

So the attorneys are NOT being made exlusive members? (ergo - not permitted to post in the TM area of the exclusive forums?)

The attorneys have always been able to help all paid members and nothing of that is being changed - no arrangements are currently in hand to "make" anyone exclusive members.
At the moment we can all make use of a free trial and paid membership will be available to all when that freebie expires.

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Webname

The attorneys have always been able to help all paid members and nothing of that is being changed - no arrangements are currently in hand to "make" anyone exclusive members.
At the moment we can all make use of a free trial and paid membership will be available to all when that freebie expires.

I appreciate the clarification, so unless an attorney pays for an Exclusive membership, they will not be able to post in the "Domain Trademark Discussion" forum listed in the Exclusive section.

I misunderstood your statement "Mr Berryhill, fear not, it may well yet be that you are "Called to The Bar"." as meaning the attorneys would be posting in the exclusive forum.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The clarification was:-
"... no arrangements are currently in hand to "make" anyone exclusive members."

however, no one is able to make a future prediction of :-
"... so unless an attorney {or anyone else} pays for an Exclusive membership, they will not be able to post in the "Domain Trademark Discussion" forum listed in the Exclusive section."

I make this clear as it is Adam's decision (as owner) as to what he may or may not do at any stage in the future and certainly not mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom