Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Okay to post under two User IDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Watcher

Wondering what's the consesus in terms of having someone post under two different user IDs? The reason being that when one starts putting up names for valuations everybody would know who you're and that may, in some situations, restrain one's ability to be candid and forceful in his/her opinions. The fact remains that no one needs to bring it up and just do it. I'd imagine that this may already be happening with some members using alias IDs for different reasons. Would be intersting and informative though to know how members in general feel about this?

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Watcher
Wondering what's the consesus in terms of having someone post under two different user IDs? The reason being that when one starts putting up names for valuations everybody would know who you're and that may, in some situations, restrain one's ability to be candid and forceful in his/her opinions. The fact remains that no one needs to bring it up and just do it. I'd imagine that this may already be happening with some members using alias IDs for different reasons. Would be intersting and informative though to know how members in general feel about this?

well seeing how there is another dnforum member who goes by "the watcher", it could get confusing.

W

Watcher

Originally posted by kidkool

well seeing how there is another dnforum member who goes by "the watcher", it could get confusing.

Actually, I didn't even think of that....but that's not the main point of this post!

W

Watcher

Originally posted by bidawinner
Be ONLY who you are..
Anything else REEKS of deception..
That's exactly the point I'd love to see discussed/debated; i.e. is it necessarily DECEPTION to use different IDs that could be for various personal, and arguably, legitimate reasons....I mean under both IDs one has to maintain certain basic rules and decency.

The "valuations" are just for FUN....they are for the most part pointless.. [/B]

Agree fully, but they do let the whole world know who you're and in some select cases that knowledge can be abused to one's detriment (even anonymously) if you inadvertently piss someone off by your remarks/comments/criticism.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's just like shilling during the live auctions....but I wouldn't risk your repuation on this board for a quick gain or you may loose big. Reputation is everything here.

TheTron

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can understand your point for wanting to use two id's. But at the same time anyone with two id's would seem suspicious. I would say the negative out weights the positive on it. If your that concerned about the possibility to "inadvertently piss someone off" then just keep a closer watch on what you might say. In my experience most of the people on here are pretty understanding and the odds of something like that happening are likely not very high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom